NFL Week #14

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Dec 4, 2012.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Lions at Pack

http://packerpalace.com/palace10/mybadasscar.html

It should be close, but it appears that the Lions have more of a running game with LaShoure and Bell which is scary. But I think they are more two dimensional through the air with Calvin and Pettigrew and if the Pack secondary can have another shut down game, they should have the edge. The challenge for GB will be keeping 12 upright. Pack should take it at Lambeau in a close one

Pack 24
    Lions 21

2. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi

Texans / Pats should be a fun one to watch next Monday night. Looks like I will need extra Tums when the Pats on on pass defense....

3. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

That should be one hell of a game. Unfortunately, I've gotta give the nod to the Pats, however. They are simply playing lights out, like it seems they do every year around this time!

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sunday night at Lambeau Field. I'll check it out. Hopefully Driver gets some receptions. Detroit seems to be fading away as Green Bay surges up. The cream always rises to the top.

-Mike

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. stratovani

stratovani

This has all the makings of a street fight. Both teams want that #1 seed, and the winner will in all probability get it. Don't know who's going to win (hopefully the Pats) but one thing's for certain, Bill Belichick and Gary Kubiak will have their teams 100% ready for this game. Should be a helluva game! ;)

7. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

Pats and Texans, It really all depends on how much of our defense we can get healthy. We are running really short at ILB and even worse at corner. If we can get Brady James and Jonathan Joseph back I think the Texans will take it. If not it will be an offensive shoot out that unfortunately the Pats will probably win.

8. MJ5150

Media:
    Albums:
    I realize Suh hasn't been disciplined by the league for any of his questionable plays in recent weeks, but it must really be wearing on Lions fans seeing his name out there all the time associated with those plays. Reminds me of the year Steeler fans had to put up with it around James Harrison, always in the news for over the top plays. Difference so far is Harrison was disciplined by the league.

-Mike

9. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

There's another difference as well. As far as I recall, all of Harrison's suspensions/fines resulted from football plays. Obviously, the league deemed them to be illegal hits, but they were still hits during football plays. Suh, on the other hand, deliberately stomped on an O-lineman, and deliberately kicked Schaub in the groin. Suh denies that the kick was intentional, but it looked like it to me.

10. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

I can't get my head around the Pats this season. Their defence especially, it's like each game they decide, right, we'll stop runs, and let a bunch of 7,000,000 yard throws land, or we can pick off all the deep threat, but let them run like a brick through glass.

I'd say the Pats are lucky that the Texans are having defensive injuries, but without quiet a few of their biggest attacking threats to take advantage of it, I dunno.

Expecting a huge game from Arian Foster. Also expect Stevan Ridley or Wes Welker to get season endingly mangled, most likely Ridley since he's on form.

11. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

Report: Gruden talking to the Raiders about a return.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

My Raiders have suffered long enough!

12. basstotheface

basstotheface

I live in Tampa. You do not want Gruden.

13. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

I've heard that a lot. He inherited a winning team in TB, and the Superbowl wasn't his doing so much as it was Dungy's, etc. I have no idea how much truth there is to that, but I will say that I think Gruden comes across as somewhat of a knucklehead as a commentator. He's never struck me as winning head coach material. I dunno. I'd love to see how he does, however.

14. notverygood

notverygood

Didn't he come within a tuck rule of getting to the SB with the Raiders.? Even just taking an inherited team to the SB is better than anyone from the Raiders has done since Jim Plunket's era.

15. MJ5150

Media:
    Albums:
    NFL Geek of the Week....

From ESPN.com (full article linked below): The Minnesota Vikings' season will be on the line Sunday against the Chicago Bears. As such, linebacker Chad Greenway has asked fans to get "super-duper drunk" in order to boost the Vikings' home-field advantage at the Metrodome.

"We have to play accordingly and our fans have to show up accordingly, which we know they will. Hopefully, they're super-duper drunk. ... So drink liquor, not beer," he said after Minnesota's loss to Green Bay last Sunday, according to the Star Tribune.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/stor...ikings-wants-metrodome-fans-super-duper-drunk

Edit...yes, he did backtrack a little on that after the fact. But why say it in the first place?

-Mike

16. LAG

LAG Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Fan: Green bay Packers
    Pack 30
    Lions 21

Last time the Lions beat the green and gold in Wisconsin was 20 years ago, in Milwaukee.

This game I see Stafford getting picked off 2-3 times and the Pack offense really start to click with Ryan Grant back in the backfield. Suh will probably get frustrated and do something stupid again.

It would be fun to see McCarthy slap Schwartz on the back after the packer victory. :)

I dont want to work, i just want to bang on these drums all day...

17. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

18. mrpackerguy

19. mrpackerguy

Pack positioning themselves nicely.

Thank you Bears. Thank you Lions. Oh, and that's what now, 22 straight at Lambeau. The metrodome used to be our house of horrors in the 90's - early 2000's, so know the feeling exactly.

20. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

Man, the shellacking of The Cardinals yesterday was downright ugly. Ugly I say!

The ass-whipping of the Saints wasn't too far off. They are returning to bottom-dweller status, where they belong! :D

21. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

gee,...

i wonder what happened to Gards "NFL" thread?!!:D