1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NFL Week #17

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Dec 24, 2012.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

No Monday night f-ball game tonight, so here it is.

Pack maintains the 2nd seed and a first round bye with a win at the Humpty-Dump. Peterson needs 206 yds to surpass Dickerson's season high rushing mark. Vikings look to be good when they want to, but I think this game for the Vikes rests on Ponders shoulders, not Peterson's. Look for the Pack to focus all attention on AP and dare Ponder to beat them.

Rodgers will be plenty flustered by the Vike front-4. Look for Rodgers to fumble at least once while being sacked, but Pack should prevail in a close one. http://packerpalace.com/palace11/ponderfrazierwilf.html

Pack 31
    Vike 27 AP falls short of the record.
  2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

The bears need the packers to win to have a chance at the playoffs. Lololololol!
  3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Lions lose on their day off. Watching TRU-TV.
  4. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

I don't think there's a chance AP gets 206 against the Packers. I think either team could pull out the W though.

The Bears needing Green Bay to win to get in IS pretty funny, however!
  5. stratovani

stratovani

The enigma that is the New England Patriots will be hosting the Miami Dolphins at Foxboro this Sunday. The game has been flexed to 4:15 PM from its original 1PM. The Pats had a hell of a time getting off the schneid against the Jags, but luckily the Jags were no match for them in the end.

From Pro Football Talk: New England clinches home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs with a win over the Dolphins, plus both the Texans and the Broncos losing. New England can also earn the No. 2 seed and a first-round playoff bye with a win over the Dolphins and either the Texans or the Broncos losing.

Houston is at Indianapolis this weekend, so that's going to be a tough game for the Texans. However, KC is at Denver, so a Denver win is almost a given. With any luck (and Luck!) the Pats will get the #2 seed.
  6. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

With the way the Texans have been playing loosing would be a real possibility. But, the Colts have the 5 seed locked up, so Sundays game is meaningless to them. So expect them to have starters on the bench. Texans should get the 1 seed on a silver platter.
  7. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

the Giants suck!!!:bag:(that is all)
  8. stratovani

stratovani

If that's the case then we'd be looking at a first-round matchup of the Bengals vs the Pats here in NE. Also, if the wild-card teams are eliminated then you'd be looking at the Ravens in Houston and we'd be going to Denver to play Peyton Manning.

The playoffs sure are exciting, right? :D
  9. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

Yep, too bad my team isn't exactly peaking right now. The Colts would actually be worse off beating us this week. Assuming they beat Baltimore, I'm sure they would much rather play the Texans in Houston than the Broncos in Denver.
  10. stratovani

stratovani

Actually, I'd be more worried if my Pats were playing your Texans in Houston rather than the Broncos. Bill Belichick has usually had Peyton Manning's number in the past, and we've beaten them before. Although playing in Denver is certainly no easy task, by a long shot! :rollno:
  11. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Wizardry! Supporting Member

I think it's going to come down to the simple fact of playoffs, if you want to win, you have to beat the best, at one stage or another. I think Mile High would be the better of the two to visit too, either would take a major performance to win though.

Might be overly discounting the Bengals, as well. They'd have to come to Gillette, right? Still, while it would be an upset, it's a very possible one.
  12. stratovani

stratovani

Yes indeed, I still remember the Ravens coming into Foxboro in 2009 and shocking the Patriots. In the playoffs, anything is possible!
  13. basstotheface

basstotheface

Texans need to win this week.

Much rather play Ravens or Colts than the Pats. Plus we need Brady or Manning to knock one of them out.
  14. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

I hope the Pats win in convincing fashion after the last 2 performances. Would be happy to see the Giants knocked out of the playoffs, just.....because!

I think New England could matchup fairly well against most AFC teams, but something scares me about Baltimore....
  15. stratovani

stratovani

Yeah, all those bad memories! And, they don't have Cundiff anymore! :rollno:
  16. Darkstrike

I almost feel sorry for Cundiff, that kick last season pretty much ruined his career.
  17. LAG

LAG

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Fan: Green bay Packers
    Packers will take care of business at Minnesota Sunday. Peterson will not get the yards needed to break a record.

Green Bay 35
    Minnesota 20
  18. electracoyote

electracoyote

I wouldn't count on this. There are many reasons for the Colts to play their starters and play to win.

In addition to the emotionally-charged return of Coach Chuck Pagano, he had this to say about Sunday's game:

"It’s not in our DNA" (not to approach the game with full intensity). "You want to win. You want to win at home. You want to go into the playoffs with momentum...We want to keep the momentum going.’’

Andrew Luck and many of the other players need to play it for real so they can experience playoff intensity and atmosphere. Texans will be doing the same with the additional incentive of the (possibility of the) coveted #1 spot.

Meanwhile, Broncos not taking any chances against, or making any predictions about the amount of effort the Chiefs will bring. Denver only squeeked by them last meeting. KC has a good defense and lots of Broncos film to study now. It is hard to beat the same team twice in one season in the NFL, I don't care what the record.
  19. Darkstrike

Anything can happen in football, didn't they(Kansas) turn the Packers over last season?
  20. Waterpilot

Waterpilot

St. Louis at Seattle. St. Louis is on it's way to becoming a really good team. The NFC West has made a quick turn around in just a couple of years. Even the Cardinals are a QB away from being a threat. Jeff Fischer is doing some amazing things with a very young team, but we're at home.

St. Louis - 17
    Seattle 21