NFL Week #18 - Wildcard Weekend

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Dec 31, 2012.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Well, it's not the way the Packers wanted it, but a home game at Lambeau isn't so bad either.

Pack/Vike. I think the biggest question is how to you stop a red hot Peterson and Ponder? Down another defensive lineman is not going to help the pass rush. Ponder was not flustered yesterday - that Vike O-line is solid. If Woodson is able to come back, perhaps a few safety blitz packages will work.

Look for Rodgers to lose another fumble running for his life out of the pocket. Scoring will be tougher in the elements.

I think it's going to be another close one, but this time it's ad-Pack at Lambeau.

Pack 27
    Vike 21

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

3. jmarcus2

jmarcus2

I think the Pack will pull it out next week. I'm in DC this week and saw RG III and the 'Skins hang on to win. So much for the Cowboys. Got the same feeling I did with the Saints a couple years back (no comment on Sunday). I hate Seattle, but am not sure if this Cinderella team can handle their D.

4. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

DELTED: This post belongs in the wk17 thread!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Casting out the nines Supporting Member

Nice to see my Niners slip into the 2nd seed after Minny beat GB. And also nice to see the Giants get bumped from the postseason after the Chicago win. As up and down as Eli and Co. have been this season, I guarantee the 49ers didn't want to face them in the playoffs.

Some really interesting matchups coming up next week but I'm happiest that SF has an extra week to see if Justin Smith can be ready to go. I think moreso than any other player he's the key to the defense.

I think the hottest team in the NFC is likely Seattle. If the game were at home I'd pick them easily. As it is, the Skins/Seahawks game should be a good one.

The Colts are hot but the Ravens are battle tested. And the Texans are stumbling so it'll be interesting to see if the Bengals can take that game. The Vikes/Pack matchup will be intriguing just to see who makes better adjustments after yesterday's game.

7. Drunk Heffalump

Drunk Heffalump Tone that I have. Skill? Oh, that? Well....

Dunno, both the Vikes and the Sea Chunks are getting that 'air' about them that'll play merry hell when you least expect it. Were I a cheese head I'd be VERY concerned. The Vikes don't have that fear of the frozen tundra like most teams.
    This is it for Huston BTW, having slipped as bad as they have they're ripe for the pickin' Should they get by it'll not play out much further. I'd have thought that they'd have learned from that debacle in the razor, D'oh!
    I'm concerned as I've got Indy on the way and they keep fluking it out. On the plus side, however, the Steelers are OUT :D

:D

8. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

Did anyone see the Rex Ryan Tattoo? Isn't it pretty bizarre that he gets a tattoo of a Sanchez jersey on his arm with his wife wearing it?

[​IMG]

9. JimB52

JimB52 User Gold Supporting Member

I hope that ink's a couple years old.

10. JimB52

JimB52 User Gold Supporting Member

I'm thinking only one road team wins this weekend.
    Smart money at work is on the Bengals, but I think the Redskins streak ends at seven.
    I actually like the Colts too, but think their return to Baltimore will not be a friendly one. Vikings are going to have a very tough time in Green Bay.

11. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Are you counting on Ponder having a negative QB rating and 5 turnovers and the Pack holding Peterson way below his 200+ yards per game average against them this year?

I think GB will win, but in a close one. Hard to imagine they blow the Vikings out barring a lot of turnovers.

12. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Bengals over Texans
    Vikings over Packers :bag:
    Colts over Ravens
    Seahawks over Redskins

13. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

it's hard for us texans fans to have much optimism having lost 3 of the last 4...screw it, texans 34 bengals 17

14. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

I think Peterson gets 130-150. I think Ponder throws 2 picks. Rodgers has his top four recievers together for the first time since the beginning of the season. The queens can't cover two of them, much less all 4. If the offensive line does a reasonable job, the Packers' O has a big day.

16. jrthebassguy

jrthebassguy Supporting Member

Don't screw it up, Houston... :meh:

17. LAG

LAG Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Fan: Green bay Packers
    Green Bay Packers 41
    Minnesoda Queens 20

Go Pack Go!

18. LAG

LAG Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Fan: Green bay Packers
    Texans didnt screw up.

Viqueens without Ponder and are starting Joe Webb at QB.

19. papilgee4evaeva

papilgee4evaeva

I looked at your username and did a double-take. Those are my initials. :cool:

20. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Packers are blowing out the Vikes....they have done a great job of containing Peterson and they look ready to go deep into the playoffs.

21. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

I hope that the Colts win. So that they can lose to Manning and the broncos