NFL Week #21 The Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Jan 27, 2014.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Six more days and counting.

-Mike

2. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

Mike, I've got "hospitality" at about 1:45 this Sunday. I'll make a cameo appearance, but I'm probably going to miss the first quarter :(

3. MJ5150

Media:
    Albums:
    Hehe. We have 10AM, so I am anxiously awaiting to see how many 'visitors' we have from the 4PM.

-Mike

4. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Marial

Marial Pooped Gold Supporting Member

7. MJ5150

Media:
    Albums:
  8. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

We're going to our friends' house for the game to eat a bunch of food and catch up. As for the game, I want Percy Harvin to do a couple of great things, but I also want to see Sherman somehow get burned. (I know, fat chance.):D Undecided on which actual team I'm rooting for. I'd like to see Percy get a ring, but I do like some of the Broncos' players and my dad's a longtime Denver fan.

9. MJ5150

Media:
    Albums:
    Part of me wants to see Denver win and some controversial calls along the way, a repeat of SBXL. There are enough annoying Seahawk fans in these parts that make me feel that way. Those fans, the Adderall crew, and Pete Carroll sort of ruin this 2013-2014 edition of the Seahawks for me. On the other hand, there are some good stories on the team and in the organization, so it would be nice to see them win.

If Denver wins, I'm going to the parade and holding up my "You never beat the Gators" sign for Manning to see. :D

-Mike

10. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    I'm split on who I'll cheer for. I don't really care either way and just want a great game. If the Seahawks win, that's fine - same with the Broncos. I'll pick one or the other on Sunday though and will root for them. Right now I'm leaning towards pulling for Seattle though.

11. electracoyote

electracoyote

12. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin Supporting Member

13. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

I'm torn. I would like to see Manning win another one; it would only seem right. But I like the Seahawks' brand of football a little more. Plus I still don't like Peyton Manning all that much. I guess I don't have a side. Just looking forward to a great game

14. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin Supporting Member

I really don't care if Manning gets a second ring to match his brother or not. I don't want to see him damaged, just like I really don't want to see Harvin concussed again, but I sure would like to see the pocket collapse on Manning all game. He's not much of a scrambler, so a collapsing pocket would help Seattle a lot. I don't see the Seahawks scoring all that many points, since Denver didn't get to the Super Bowl with a bad defense.

15. MJ5150

Media:
    Albums:
    I'll also add, I think the country will get a true sampling of what Richard Sherman is really like this week. He's a good guy, everyone around the Puget Sound knows it already.

What I'm looking forward to is some of the lesser known Seahawk guys to get some national spotlight. Take a guy like Red Bryant. He is such a nice guy, engaging, and likable. Outside of Seattle, I doubt many NFL fans know about him.

-Mike

16. Herbie Chesnutt

Herbie Chesnutt Supporting Member

I'm a Tacoma native. But I've lived out here in Denver for nearly ten years. Either way I'll be happy.

But I'll be happier if the Broncs win.

The Broncos have been a real joy to watch all season. I'm all for the inspired play, but watching Manning just flat our own the football field most of the season, like the journeyman QB that he is, has really won me over to the orange and blue.

17. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Thanks Mike for picking up my slack. I had emergency abdominal surgery 10 days ago. Recovering at home.

Taking Seattle.

18. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Bob: Hope you make a full and speedy recovery, my friend. Stay warm up there!

19. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Thanks Greg!

20. MJ5150

Media:
    Albums:
    You got it MPG.

In retrospect, I was really hoping the Steelers would pick up another SB and inch a little closer to GB for total NFL championships. They got a ways to go, but they'll get there as long as Aaron Rodgers stays hurt. :D

-Mike

21. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Wow....get better Bob....

I lost interest a bit ago....going to a party for the good food....oh....and the beer

Take it easy man. ...