1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

NIB D'Addario Strings EXL220M Nickel Rounds

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by bassdude51, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassdude51

bassdude51 Supporting Member

Man! Did I ever goof! But not really. D'Addario's website has these strings' specs at fitting basses up to 34 inch scale.

NOT!

Where the main winding steps down, they are about one inch too short of fitting over my Fender Bass' nut.

So, these strings are indeed for medium scale basses. I paid $47 for 3 packs. My loss is another's gain.

$13.50 shipped for a single pack. $26 for a double pack. $38 for all three packs. PAYPAL USA 48

(2 packs are unopened. One pack was opened but never strung. As it was obviously....too short!)

[​IMG]
  2. bassdude51

For medium scale basses.
  3. Tom Spaulding

Tom Spaulding

Disclosures:
    D'Addario Artist Relations|Nashville
    Hi bassdude51-

Tom from D'Addario here. Does your bass have a string-through bridge? If so, that could explain the string coming up short.

You can read more about that here: http://www.daddario.com/upload/BassArticle2_1803.pdf

I'll replace your strings with three sets of the long-scale versions. Just send me a PM on this forum and I will send you the shipping details to send the unopened packs back to me.

Thanks, and sorry for the hassle.

Tom
  4. bassdude51

How impressed I am with DiAddario's care and concern for their string buyers!

Tom Spaulding of D'Addario some how or another saw my Talk Bass thread for selling these strings because of buying the wrong size for my Fender Bass.

Generously, Tom sent me a PM, giving me a FedEx shipping number for returning the strings and getting replacement sets in Long Scale sent to my home!

Very amazing in this day and age of "Big Business" not caring......... for Tom and D'Addario to take the time and effort to make things right for little old me! I didn't even approach them on this matter! They came to me!

Thank-you Tom and D'Addario for fantastic customer satisfaction and effort!

Chuck Webb Columbus, Ohio

(Thanks to Talk Bass too for this wonderful bass forum!)
  5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.