Nick Schendzielos - Madman or Genius

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by socialleper, Feb 1, 2013.

1. socialleper

socialleper

Warwick player Nick Schendzielos from Cephalic Carnage and Job for a cowboy is known for awesome bass playing and pretty odd YouTube videos. This latest on really goes to a whole new place.

2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Knowing Nick as I do, I can tell you that he is an absolutely great player and a wonderful person. He's super intelligent, and definitely into artistic expression. To top it off....he likes to have fun and not take things too seriously. His girlfriend is into videography and makeup artistry, etc...so they have fun combining everything into these insanely wacky videos.

3. bostonasphalt2

bostonasphalt2 Supporting Member

I got to see JFAC and Cephalic Carnage play in Worcester MA this past December, and I have to say, he has quickly become one of my favorite bass players!

4. socialleper

socialleper

The guy advertises that he does lessons, which is tempting because I think CC is a SoCal based band, but that would be very intimidating.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Pappasgrind

Pappasgrind Supporting Member

Nicks a great dude I've jammed with him a few times his streamer is one of the nicest bases I've ever played 1359816789585.jpg

7. socialleper

socialleper

Dope! You're holding THE bass.

8. socialleper

socialleper

While we are on the subject; this video of Nick playing my favorite CC makes me want to just throw my bass away. Excellent technique, awesome sound (back when he was still playing Warrior basses), and a song that makes you want to smash faces. All good!

9. bostonasphalt2

bostonasphalt2 Supporting Member

They are originally a Denver based band. Could have moved though.....

10. socialleper

socialleper

Right you are. My bad.

11. socialleper

socialleper

Mr. Schendzielos has done it again. His latest video is pretty out there; don't think too hard or take it too seriously. He reminds me of Les Claypool in a way.

It reminds me that we 'play' the bass. We don't 'work' the bass, or 'job' the bass, or 'utilize' the bass. Music was meant to be entertaining not only for the listener but for the musician as well. There's nothing wrong with having a little fun or being a little silly.