1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Nipples Showing at the Office

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tastybasslines, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

I'm a Paralegal at a female owned law firm. I'm the only male there among 5 female attorneys.

My boss comes out to chat with me about an important motion we are under deadline to file. Now this is a very important document, 20 pages long, accompanied by declarations and such, so details are important and need to be discussed.

Now, it seems to me that women tend to run a bit hotter than men, and they usually have the A/C on to a temperature colder than I would like. I don't know if she is wearing a bra, but her nipples are on full alert, where you could dial a rotary phone with them. We are discussing the case, and it is virtually impossible to not look, but I'm trying and telling myself over and over to not look, while still trying to soak up case details. Meanwhile, my mind is drifting toward sex and what she might look like naked.

Then second main attorney comes over to conference about it as well, and hers are also at a 10. Now I got 2 sets staring right at me, but I'm doing my best to stay professional. Seriously, what a sight. I have the image of their 4 nipples etched in my mind right now.

It seems to me that they are either oblivious to it, just don't care, or perhaps feel they don't have to do anything at all. I don't really need to bring it up, it's just very awkward, that's all. I mean, I wear an undershirt under my dress shirts to prevent that.

2. spade2you

spade2you

3. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

4. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Banned

And your'e complaining!? Man, I'm a farm hand, all I see are sheep and tractors all day. Damn bro...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassinplace

bassinplace

They're just nipples, everyone has them. Consider it a job perk. ;)

7. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

Yeah - it is distracting, but totally natural and not a sexual action, so I am afraid you just gotta live with it, and try not to stare.

8. tastybasslines

It's cool I guess, but sort of unfair. If I get caught drifting, I'd be creepy all of a sudden.

9. Monster Truck

Monster Truck groove student Supporting Member

Turn around, bend over, and show 'em your plumber's crack. Fight fire with fire, my friend.

10. spade2you

spade2you

Use your peripherals!

[​IMG]

11. ifallalot

ifallalot

12. elgecko

elgecko

13. bassinplace

bassinplace

It's alright to notice, it's not alright to be noticed noticing. Then it is no longer noticing, it is gawking. Gawking is rude. Don't be that guy. Treat others as you wish to be treated, with respect.

14. tastybasslines

Technically, they would be respectful if they kept their nipples under wraps.

15. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Don't look any lower than their chin-keep it professional. It will keep you from grinning during any explanations about paperwork. Good luck with your problem...

16. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

You could always put a small dish on your desk, filled with round BandAids. Then, you can work on your resume'.

17. bassinplace

bassinplace

If it makes you that uncomfortable, then yeah. It seems to me you have a scenically pleasant workplace. Is this not a good thing? I mean you have work to do, how much time can you really spend noticing their nipples. Seems like it would be the nice occasional respite. On the other hand, if it upsets your work, you may have to complain. All depends on how you handle it.

18. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the Afterparty

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets, D'addario, Planet Waves
    That's a good point.

At least they didn't poke you in the eye or something. :D Imagine filing THAT worker's comp claim!

19. tastybasslines

I like it more than it makes me uncomfortable. I'm a man and like to look. Even a small glance can be noticed by them though.

20. tastybasslines

Funny, cause we are an employment law firm.

21. Icey101

Icey101

:cool:tell them you're not cheap and please not to treat you like a piece of meat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.