No more GK!

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Darrenmcbass, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Darrenmcbass

Darrenmcbass

I've got about £1000 to buy a new amp , sick of the sight and boomy middly sound of my gk MBsIII combo. In the near future I'd like to get a mic too so using a pickup and mic simultaneously would be amazing. Does such a beast exist for that kind of money?
  2. Darrenmcbass

Darrenmcbass

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Powered PA cabinet. They all have little mixers on the back with at least a few inputs.
    Accurately reproduce what you send them.
    JBL, Peavey, QSC, ... they are the new bass amps that double duty as PA
  4. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Gold Supporting Member

+1 I have a QSC K8 that I pair with the Headway EDB-2 Pre Amp. They are compact, light weight, and have plenty of headroom. Since I have larger speakers and heads for bigger venues, its ideal for my needs. If I were going to use it for all my gigs, I'd go with a larger driver, like the QSC K10 or Mackie DLM 12. There are three newer pre amps, the Flex from Acoustic Image, the Acoustic Box Live, and the Headway EDB-2. The CMC 121 doesn't have independent Channels for a microphone and pickup to be combined, you really need two Channel Volumes to balance a mic and pickup because microphones tend to feed back sooner than pickups.

Ric

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Gold Supporting Member

Here's a picture of the Acoustic Box, among it's features are an internal power supply. That's dual voltage so it can be used in the U.S. and Europe.

Ric

Attached Files: