no response to email inquiry?

Discussion in 'Bass Central' started by Coelho, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Coelho

Coelho

Hi

I've sent an email inquiry about the Mesa M6 combo amp, actually twice... Got no response.

Can you please let me know the price of it shipped to 11106? You can send me a private message with the info.

Thank you.
  2. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    E-mail can always be sketchy... best to call, IMO.
  3. Coelho

Coelho

I have no problem with emails and other companies. Sent a PM and also opened this thread here and still got no answer.
  4. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Confused :confused: Are you saying you're emailing Mesa directly or via TB? Sounds like the latter by your original post. I've had no issue contacting them directly via (non-TB) email.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    I believe the OP means Bass Central, not Mesa. I don't know why people are so reluctant to pick up the phone.
  7. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

+1
    With cell phone plans now who cares about long distance.
    Just call them.
  8. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member Supporting Member

My bad, sorry. I can also testify that Bass Central has fabulous service. I've mostly had phone conversations with them, though never had an email problem either.
  9. Coelho

Coelho

:rollno:

I don't know why a business is so reluctant to answer an email, a pvt message on talkbass or a thread on their sponsored forum.

Why do they even bother having an email inquiry link on their web page or a profile here on TB?
  10. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Seriously, that's bogus. Telling people to "just pick up the phone" is a sorry excuse for a company failing to keep up with their customers.

I understand it in the case of one-man shops where the one man is busy building basses or cabs, etc., but a retail store with a staff has no excuse.
  11. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    It could be that your e-mail just isn't going through to them. E-mail is not a definite means of contact at all - this is especially true if it's being sent from Hotmail or the likes. If you're seriously interested in buying, just pick up the phone and call them. It's faster and you'll have your stuff sooner anyway :D.
  12. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    I'm saying that when e-mails fails, pick up the phone. There's no way of knowing why "they're not replying" - it could be they're not even getting your e-mail. If you send two, and get no reply, it's safe to bet that they're not getting them and for less headache, it'd be best to call.
  13. Coelho

Coelho

If that is the case they should fix their email system. And check their TB account.

Email is as a definite means of contact as telephone. At least for serious companies.

It was faster to just email another company that answered.
  14. Coelho

Coelho

So you mean that they are not getting my email (that other companies got) AND they are not reading their talkbass private messages AND they are not reading this thread in their sponsored forum.

Sorry, but that is unacceptable.
  15. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Supporting Member

Pick up the phone. The time you've spent complaining here could have been used to call.
  16. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    It doesn't matter how many other companies are getting your e-mails. If their ISP or their local system blocks it, it might not be getting to anyone's inbox. If that's the case, there's nothing that can be done.
    And, had you done a little digging, you would have noticed...:
    Last Activity: 11-29-2011 09:20 AM

They haven't even been on TB in 3 days. How would they see this thread or reply to a PM?
    I'm not going to get into an argument with you over it. You think it's perfectly acceptable for an error-prone, no guarantee method of communication to be the only way to talk to someone. I don't. If I have trouble with e-mail, I don't go on and write a thread about it - I'd pick up the phone and call. We'll have to agree to disagree.
  17. Coelho

Coelho

Man, whatever. I have options that work.
  18. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Some people dont like to talk on a phone , especially the younger generation. I know most dinosaurs are use to a time when internet didnt exist but to those who have grown up with it we use it just like a phone , I get emails faster then people text back and i think its rather unprofessional for a business with a email to not reply to it within 24 hours.I know the companies employees have to be getting online , maybe its time they get a better email service that pops up automatically when they get a new message

Why gang up on the guy?
  19. steelbed45

steelbed45 TRemington Supporting Member

Did you really post all this in the spirit of being part of a bass playing community? Doubtful, since the OP has NOTHING to take away from your little White Knight campaign on behalf of Bass Central. OP...is this really a company you would want to deal with?
  20. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Nope, just posted to show that people should do a little bit of digging on their own - you know, a little bit of critical thinking. But that's lost among a lot of people it seems. I don't really even like Bass Central... I've had my own bad dealings with them in fact. But, overall, I still think that if you send an e-mail and don't get a reply, if there's another means of contact it should be used. It's simple enough to pick up a phone and call. If I were running a business, I would appreciate someone giving me a call instead of posting on a rather large forum online about how terrible I am at communication. E-mail is by no means (currently) an entirely reliable form of communication for business.
    But, yeah, I guess I'm a "White Knight" for pointing out the obvious and giving a suggestion that the OP try another form of communication.
  21. Coelho

Coelho

I just called them right now, no one answered. :)

See, phone calls are not so good, as they require that both parties are available at the same time for the communication to occur.

I deal with business worldwide and never had a problem communicating via email.

BTW, email is a completely reliable mean of communication. Even if their server is unreachable at a certain time, the system will try to redeliver the message a number of times before failing and sending me a "mail undeliverable" message.

BTW, I never got one of those.

Also, this thread has been opened here for a while, it is amazing that a business won't monitor their sponsored thread...