1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

No Sound Coming From Bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassistofdoom, Jan 14, 2013.

1. bassistofdoom

bassistofdoom

I was playing my bass and it suddenly stopped making sound. I've already ruled out the cord and amp because I have another guitar and everything else works just fine.

I have soldered the internals of a guitar back together (not in a while so I must have done a good job ;) so I am good with opening the bass up and taking a shot at it. Basically open up the back and find the loose wire and solder it back to it's terminal.

As I said, I haven't done this in a while so can someone please refresh my memory and give me an idea of what else, other than a loose wire connection, may be wrong with my bass?

Thanks in advance

2. Cadfael

Cadfael

Wire connection ...

Open it and have a look ...
    Main interest to the hot wire fron the jack ...
    Which bass? Photo?

Cross my fingers!

3. skabass13

skabass13

Sometimes I overlook the small things. Does the bass have active pick-ups? If so, it may be as simple as needing a new 9-volt battery in the back of the bass.

4. abemo

abemo

If its not active, there are two main possibilities. Either one of the wires is loose (could be a hot or a ground) or one of your hot wires is touching ground.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

i've had two basses that just needed some compressed air contact cleaner sprayed in the input