1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

No Sound Coming From Bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassistofdoom, Jan 14, 2013.

1. bassistofdoom

bassistofdoom

I was playing my bass and it suddenly stopped making sound. I've already ruled out the cord and amp because I have another guitar and everything else works just fine.

I have soldered the internals of a guitar back together (not in a while so I must have done a good job ;) so I am good with opening the bass up and taking a shot at it. Basically open up the back and find the loose wire and solder it back to it's terminal.

As I said, I haven't done this in a while so can someone please refresh my memory and give me an idea of what else, other than a loose wire connection, may be wrong with my bass?

Thanks in advance
  2. Cadfael

Cadfael

Wire connection ...

Open it and have a look ...
    Main interest to the hot wire fron the jack ...
    Which bass? Photo?

Cross my fingers!
  3. skabass13

skabass13

Sometimes I overlook the small things. Does the bass have active pick-ups? If so, it may be as simple as needing a new 9-volt battery in the back of the bass.
  4. abemo

abemo

If its not active, there are two main possibilities. Either one of the wires is loose (could be a hot or a ground) or one of your hot wires is touching ground.
  5. mpdd

mpdd Supporting Member

i've had two basses that just needed some compressed air contact cleaner sprayed in the input