1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

no sound from amplifier

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Skanomodu, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Skanomodu

Skanomodu

-solved-

A while back my headphone input broke and the tip was stuck inside the sound output of my amplifier. After this my amp stopped making any sound. I managed to push the tip out with a toothpick after opening the amp, but my amp still doesn't make any sound. My bass works fine on other amps, so there's no problem with the input. Has anyone got an idea how to fix this? preferably without having to buy any new parts.

My amplifier is a Peavey Minx 110
  2. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

You probably damaged the headphone jack. There's a mechanical connection that opens when you insert a plug to cut signal before it goes to power. It may have gotten mangled and the tabs can be bent back into place, or it might need to be replaced.
  3. Skanomodu

Skanomodu

You're right, I screwed open the amp again and saw that I had bent one of the tabs while trying to push out the damn thing. Those tabs are surprisingly stubborn too, it wouldn't bent back so I eventually had to hit it with a screwdriver and a flashlight. Anyway my amplifier works again now, so thank you for your help!