1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NOAD: Acoustic CC 470 for $10

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by wighat, Dec 12, 2013.

1. wighat

wighat

Saw this at a pawn shop. Already marked the sweet price of $80. By the time I hooked it up there to test it I had gotten them to agree to $50. It wouldn't power up. Walked out with it for $10. Got home, opened it up and the voltage selector was on 240V. Now it powers up and I'm sure it works great but I don't have access to a cab right now to test it. My theory: it was sold as an export and then brought to the U.S.; whatever plug it formerly had has been cut off and a hardware store U.S. plug put on.

Anyone have experience with this amp to relate?

Attached Files:

2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

They get a lot of love actually. Owners will be a long in fairly short order I would imagine. GREAT score!
  3. Mktrat

Mktrat Huh? Supporting Member

<~~~Jealous
  4. christw

christw Always searching for the right Ric... Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    Awesome amp. I played one through an Acoustic 408 with a P / MM... Oh lawd.
  5. wighat

wighat

Anybody sitting on a link to a manual? Can this thing do 2 Ohms?
  6. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

It's a 2 ohm head. Also suitable for guitar OR bass. Very cool, great sounding and reliable gear from ACC in those days. I have two 370's, a 450 and a 140 myself. You'll find a wealth of information and a forum with knowledgeable folks here - http://unofficialacousticcontrolcorpmessageboard.yuku.com you'll see the various sections, and if you click the banner at the top, lots of gear information is there. Now, find you a cab, preferable an Acoustic from the era, and have yourself a merry little Christmas! BTW - I'm serious about the cab. ACC products of the era were truly designed to work well together. I can attest to that fact. :cool:
  7. christopherogut

christopherogut Supporting Member

wow, excellent find!
  8. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

I gotta start going to more pawn shops. Deal of a lifetime and its in great shape.
  9. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Agreed. But in recent years, I've found pawn shops to be less and less of deal finding avenues. Just this past summer, I ran across an ACC 370 in one of Dick's Pawn shops in Myrtle Beach. Priced at $350, it drew my interest. Once hooked up, it had a number of issues that were not going to be on the inexpensive side, and was missing some knobs etc. I tried to make a deal that day. Wouldn't budge. I went back a few days later when the manager was there trying to get them to deal on it since it had all of the issues. His "best" deal was $25 off. I walked away. Just one week later, I stumbled across another 370 on CL. Worked perfectly and only missing the EQ slider knobs. Struck a deal for $95.00 and took it home with me. :D
  10. Gremson

Gremson

Nice! I've got a 470 head too. Used to run it with my 106 cab.
    My head has issues now and needs servicing, but it sounded great before.
  11. wighat

wighat

Thanks all. I would like to find an Acoustic cab from that era. Hit me up if you've got a lead.