Noise gate/suppressor recommendations?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DLundeNorway, Jan 7, 2014.

1. DLundeNorway

DLundeNorway

I have been thinking about getting a noise gate/suppressor for my pedal board and I was hoping that some of you could give me any recommendations or suggestions.

What I am looking for is a gate/suppressor to get rid of the feedback and hiss produced by some of my pedals, mainly my hi-gain effects such as distortions. Having lots of hiss on silent parts and notes is a pain in the ass, especially if you are on the other side of the stage, far away from your pedal board and unable to turn the effect off. Which I usually tend to be.
    It would be great to have a pedal I could leave on for entire gigs and rehearsals and not having to worry about turning off the pedal whenever I stop playing.

Oh, and the smaller the pedal the better. You all know how precious pedal board space is ;)
  2. hachi kid

hachi kid

I'm saving my pennies for an ISP Decimator. I've heard a lot of good things about them.
  3. Mjinsk

Mjinsk

The ISP Decimator is definitely a good one. It's a really efficient pedal.
  4. andrew

andrew

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Regenerate Guitar Works
    Pigtronix Gate Keeper is my favourite. It's lightning fast and the Release control is a really cool feature. 18v power supply is the only drawback.
  5. Register to disable this ad