1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Noisy B3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by boomboom4200, Jan 10, 2014.

1. boomboom4200

boomboom4200

Pretty new to any effects, got a crazy good deal (and I think I see why) on an mxr power brick and a B3.when I plug the B3 into the brick it's soooo noisy, straight into the wall is fine, I also have a few other pedals on the board, they are also quiet,

The main reason I got this power brick was to make everything easier when giging., plug and play ya know? Cut down on cords etc.I only play out twice a month.do I go to batteries, would they cut down the noise? I know the obvious would be to give it its
    Own wall wart but im trying to get away from wires everywhere,

Comments, questions, suggestions?? :thumbup:
  2. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Is the B3 quiet when you plug it into the wall with it's own Zoom power supply?

If it is, then the MXR is bad. I've used my B3 with Zoom's power supply, a OneSpot, VooDoo Lab power supply and an Eventide power supply. The B3's been quiet with all of them
  3. Andy_D

Andy_D Supporting Member

4. boomboom4200

boomboom4200

Nope, narrowed it down to the mxr brick, dosent have isolation built in to the unit, actually got the planet waves cable kit last night, made up all custum cables .that seemed to help. Tried the orders of the effects. But still got the whining /clicking sound.ALL that works is giving the B3 it's own wall wart. Anyone have realistic battery life times on the B3?