Noob question of the day

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by tgriley62, Feb 19, 2014.

1. tgriley62

tgriley62

OK I just got a Peavey 2x10 cab today & was wondering if it would cause any problems if I removed the rubber feet from the bottom & reattached them to the side so that it could be used in the vertical or should I just leave it as it is
  2. geoff chartier

geoff chartier

I can't imagine any problems doing that would cause, other than the logo on the front of the grille being sideways :)

I mean, it seems kinda far-fetched, but I suppose if the wires connecting to the speakers inside the cab might be more likely to fall off the terminals of the speakers themselves because they're on their sides. But every speaker I've ever seen has good solid spade terminals and adhesive to prevent this very thing from happening.
  3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

... or just pick up another set of feet and mount them on the vertical side so when you are transporting you have something to lay the cab on its side if needed ... ;)

.. which cab did you get ??
  4. Major Softie

Major Softie

It will work fine, but you may want to add feet rather than moving them. Then you can use it either way, and you won't have exposed holes in the bottom/side.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member

Are you using the cab with another one?
    If you use it stand alone,,for better dispersion and hearing the cab better on stage, keep it vertical.
  7. spz8

spz8

8. RumbleSteve

RumbleSteve

This sounds Like the best way to go. But I would look inside to make sure at any rate, that your not driving a screw into anything important :D
  9. tgriley62

tgriley62

OK. Adding a set of feet sounds like the best idea. Is there any type of adhesive I could use instead of drilling anymore holes in the cab?. It has a carpet type covering not tolex
  10. nashvillebill

nashvillebill

Use screws, glue won't hold.
  11. okcrum

okcrum in your chest Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Dark Horse strings
    I just got some nail in feet for my Warwick 210s - the nail won't even go all the way through a stout cab, and they won't fall out.