Nordstrand Big Singles clip

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Redhotbassist, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Hi guys, this is a clip of my 1990 Warwick Streamer Stage I installed with Nordstrand big singles! Let me know what you think of the sound!

Some funk style bass:

Cheers
  2. BFunk

BFunk Gold Supporting Member

Very nice recordings. I love the sound of the pickups.
  3. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Thanks Bfunk, I love them, and to be honest the clip doesent do them complete justice to how awesome they sound, but working on better clips for future :)
  4. TapyTap

TapyTap

Thanks for the clips.

What are the settings on the bass in the two clips?

What type of strings are you using in these videos?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rythman6969

rythman6969

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice !
  7. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Supporting Member

Everytine I hear big singles in action, I fall in love. Killer sound and playing, man!
  8. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

The strings i'm using are Warwick Red Labels (35-120)

and the settings on the bass I think are kind of flat but with the bridge pickup scooped in a bit more.

Cheers for watching!
  9. lburton2

lburton2 Les Is More Supporting Member

I'm at work listening to this and at a minute and a half in I raised my arms in the air and shouted "This Dude's SICK!!"

No joke. Great chops and amazing feel man
  10. BFunk

BFunk Gold Supporting Member

What are your thougths on the pickups? They sound a little barky to me. (Not a negative, just an observation.) Do you agree?
  11. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

I know what you mean man, could be just the way i've EQ'd them, but like i previously said the clip doesn't do them full justice, and they are so damn versatile, this was just one of the sounds i've used for my bass video's..

Going to get onboard with logic soon with my video's and record the bass straight in so you can hear it real clean!

Bill.
  12. TapyTap

TapyTap

If you feel like it, I'd love to hear the bridge pickup solo...
  13. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

ok man, i'll get round to it eventually and post a video in a few weeks! subscribe to my youtube channel to keep updated with videos! :)
  14. MKA

MKA

Very nice sounds and playing too, thanks for posting! To me those pickups sound quite "midrangey" (not in a bad way), would you agree? I think I've read other comments about nordy pickups where people are finding them more in the "growly and middy" area soundwise. Haven't tried any nordys but I'm really interested in them.
  15. jbailes

jbailes

Boy, those pickups sound good. Put a pair of NJ4SEs in a jazz bass myself, and they sound so gorgeous.
    I recently picked up an Ibby SR500 and have been thinking of gutting it for some Nordy big splits and an Aguilar OBP-3. I'm sure that would be the ticket, But I'm struggling with the fact that the mods would cost as much as the bass did.
  16. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

This bass also has the Aguilar OBP-3 pre-amp installed, along with the Nord's its a great combination for a real growly attacky tone!
  17. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Hi guys.. Will be uploading some better clip's next week of the Nord's in action!
  18. jmattis

jmattis Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: BNA Audio- Greenboy Cabs
    Dude, nice playing! I love your solo in 7/8 video. And the Big Singles sound great! I recently picked up a Callowhill Junk 5 with Big Singles and I'm really loving those pickups. The only other pickups that I've liked as much, and from my memory sound similar, are Aero J pickups.
  19. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Thanks man! Glad you dug the video, I'll check out the Aero J p-ups when I get the chance! :)
  20. jg42

jg42

nice! :bassist: what's the preamp in your Streamer?
  21. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Thanks jg42, its an Aguilar OBP-3!