1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Nordstrand big singles jazz style pick ups/ Single Coil

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Tbfus, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Tbfus

Tbfus Supporting Member

Looking to replace these Nordy Big Single/ Single Coil pickups with some that don't have the 60 cycle hum when I try and use the front or back pickup separately. Any suggestions. Thanks
  2. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

Big Splits!
  3. Tbfus

Tbfus Supporting Member

Thanks!
  4. Hapa

Hapa

Disclosures:
    Bass Industry guy, currently a free agent
    Fatstacks are a more polite version of the Big Singles.
    Big Splits are like like a P pickup inline...different like a cousin. Same genes, but different.
  5. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

6. ctmullins

ctmullins Registered 8er Supporting Member

My Big Singles were much quieter after I did a proper shielding job. Part of that involves running the grey wires to a good ground.
  7. Davo-London

Davo-London

My big singles are quiet as any bass i've played. I nearly always play 100% bridge pickup; it's always very quiet. So can I suggest it's the bass not the pickups!

Davo