1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Nordstrand DC wiring problem.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by eo., Feb 27, 2014.

1. eo.

eo.

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, Roscoe, Tech21
    Hey guys, I apologize if this is the wrong section for this.
    I recently got a set of nordstrand DC's and am trying to install them with a series single switch on a volume p/p.
    I used this bartolini schem as my basis.
    So this issue is that everything works as long as I don't connect the neck pickup shield to anything. If I do I lose the entire pickup in either mode. Does anyone have any insight? Have a just done this wrong?
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

I found this on the web.

[​IMG]

3. eo.

eo.

Disclosures:
    Hey Clint thanks for the reply. It turns out I had an issue with shorting but being a novice with wiring I couldn't figure out if I had a bad plan or a bad joint. FWIW if someone else is doing this in the future, the Nordstrand fellas hooked me up with this (amazing customer service, BTW). To other noobs, be careful around conductive paint!

Attached Files:

4. Carey

Carey

Aw man. Not my best art work ever. :eek:

Glad you figured it out. Your diagram should have worked, but I like the one I sent you better just for clarity sake. It makes more sense to me conceptually.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. eo.

eo.

Disclosures:
    Haha. It worked well and is pretty ingenious. Thanks again to you and Adrian. I'm definitely impressed with the customer service at your shop. The pups sound great too!