1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

nordstrand dual coil 4 string series wound set

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by narud, Feb 5, 2014.

1. narud

narud Supporting Member

150 shipped
    theyre an older set so they dont have the logo on the underside of the pickup. i measured the dcr and the guys at nord confirmed they are a series set.

heres a pic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    edit- i originally assumed the lack of copper tape and sealing in the covers was a mod, but i found another pic of some older nord duals for sale on ebay and they look exactly the same so i guess this is what they were doing when they first started making them. heres the pic. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014 at 1:26 PM
  2. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member

Media:
    Not sure I can do it now, but these look awesome. How close to a P tone can you get with them?

3. narud

narud Supporting Member

its a very different design, but it can get fat like a p

4. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member

Media:
    Good to know... I realize it's totally different than a P, but seems like it would have some nice beef.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. CustomSS1

CustomSS1

the first picture is clearly for a 4-string. however, all of the pictures of the back of the pups are 5-string. can you please clarify?

7. narud

narud Supporting Member

the top 2 pictures are the 4 string set for sale (including the back pic which is on my kitchen table). the bottom picture of the back of a 5 string set has the following written above it

"edit- i originally assumed the lack of copper tape and sealing in the covers was a mod, but i found another pic of some older nord duals for sale on ebay and they look exactly the same so i guess this is what they were doing when they first started making them. heres the pic."

the pic of the 5 string set is to show that the set im selling hasnt been modified and that this is how they used to make them. if you compare these pics to what nordstrand currently sells, there is copper shielding on the poles, whether theyre series or parallel etched into the flatwork and no sealing into the covers.

8. gard0300

gard0300 Supporting Member

Do you have the dimensions?

9. narud

narud Supporting Member

Iirc the Bart bc shape

10. narud

narud Supporting Member

Bartolini® BC (3.99″ x 1.27)

11. narud

narud Supporting Member