1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Nordstrand Fat Stacks

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by spego, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spego

spego Supporting Member

These are a replacement for the common pickup size like the EMG 35 series. They are 3.5 x 1.5. Great shape and work 100%......just not what I'm looking for. I put these in my Gibson Thunderbird for a short time (they fit but leave a small gap around the outside)......They sound better than the stock pickups I think.....but I'm not sure the bass is for me. My buddy said to try some EMG's in it before I sell the bass.

From their website:

"These are a proprietary Nordstrand design. The traditional bi-pole magnet layout was, literally, twisted in a new direction. By rotating the pole 45 degrees for each set we have increased the size of the traditional J style coil by 50%, making it wider, or "fatter". This results in a larger aperature, which captures more harmonic content from the string, resulting in a "fatter" tone. These pickups have a tone reminiscent of a J style single coil, but they are bigger and bolder. Full range and a present but pleasant high end response. These pickups have a great deal of midrange detail and fullness. Due to the naturally lower output of this design, these pickups can sometimes benefit from a pre-amp with 3 or more db of gain.

These pickups are shipped with three conductor wire for a split-able installation. When the third lead is shorted to ground only the top coil will remain active for a louder, more aggressive and mean version of the fat tone these pickups deliver (albeit with 60 cycle noise that single coils inherently possess). Think of it as a turbo charger for tone!"

I'll take $150 shipped.

Trades:
    2 EMG 35DC's
    2 EMG TBDC's (or any TB models?)
    MAYBE a sansamp BDDI (maybe)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tilehilder

tilehilder Supporting Member

3. spego

spego Supporting Member

SOLD!!!! (Fastest sale ive had thus far)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.