1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Nordstrand / Lakland

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tescott, Feb 12, 2013.

1. tescott

tescott

Hi all,

I'm *thinking* about getting a custom Nordy PJ with jazz neck. Unfortunately, I've never had the opportunity to play one, and they're scarce here in Australia! I'm fussy about necks, and so I have two questions:

1) I LOVE my US lakland BG with JO neck. Does anyone have experience with US lakland JO or DJ necks AND nordy jazz necks? In particular, I'm into slim necks. I'd like to know how they compare.

2) Does anyone around the Sydney area have a nordy Jazz that I could try out? I know I'm not a regular poster here (though a long-time reader!), so I don't imagine that many people would be jumping at this request, but I thought I'd put it out there anyway!

I think its silly to order a $$$ bass without having a good idea of what you're going to get, so if the nordy thing doesn't happen, I may end up with another BG! Though, I'd love a big split in the J position - not sure if Lakland would be willing to do that...

2. tescott

tescott