Northeast TB'Ers - Did Your Gig(s) Get Cancelled?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by jaywa, Feb 11, 2013.

1. jaywa

jaywa

Just curious about how many of you had weather related gig cancellations this past weekend. Looks like parts of the Northeast got it pretty bad.

Did your gig(s) cancel or did the show go on?

- If it went on, did everyone get there (and home) OK and were there any people at the show?

- If it got cancelled, how much notice did you get? Are you gonna get a make-up gig and how did you spend the night since you weren't playing?

2. Groovy_Gravy

Groovy_Gravy

hell no..it was at a ski mountain...cant think of a better place to play after a blizzard!

3. JDLowEnd

JDLowEnd

Yup!!! Had to reschedule to Sunday....... Poor turnout

4. jondog

jondog

Yes it got cancelled. 2 days unofficial notice, 1 day official. It will hopefully be rescheduled but not for months. The cancellation especially sucked because it was a gig for my charity band and we had put in a lot of rehearsal to get the show presentable. Instead of playing the show I stayed home and watched movies w/ my wife, which was nice and relaxing, just not what we'd been working toward.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

I was canceled too! No reschedule yet...

7. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Yes. Both Friday and Saturday. We're rescheduled for sometime in May or June now.

8. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Rescheduled for two weeks from now....

9. RustyAxe

RustyAxe Supporting Member

Two gigs cancelled, Saturday night, and Sunday evening. I was OK losing Saturday as I didn't much want the gig in the first place (too far for too little $$$). Won't even try to reschedule if I have my way. Sunday was a regular "bread and butter" gig, good pay, two miles from home, and a 9 pm end time (dinner dance). Oh well, there are plenty more gigs coming up as we play the same event every other weekend.

10. DeadGoonz

DeadGoonz

We were cancelled for Friday night due to the threat of snow(I thank the media's end of days kinda hype) despite the complete lack of snow. We were rescheduled for march due to the headliners tour schedule.

11. jaywa

jaywa

That would suck. Well hope you guys kill it on your March gig.

12. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Sorry to hear about everybody's cancellations,that sucks. Snowmobiling is a big deal up here,so we actually got a couple last minute gigs because of the snow..

13. DeadGoonz

DeadGoonz

Thanks, we were not all to upset because we are playing the same place in two weeks due to poor booking. So it kinda worked in out favor. Nothing like over playing the same club two weeks apart. We will be more careful about booking from here on.