1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Norwood Fisher...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ransombass, Feb 7, 2013.

1. ransombass

ransombass

...is Bonin' in the Boneyard!!!http://youtu.be/djozpahgWZE

Great show! Warwick fans would have been in heaven. Nothing but Warwick at all on his side of the stage.
  2. Tupac

Tupac

Awesome video!!! I've loved Fishbone ever since I first heard this song in Good Time Boys by RHCP. Norwood is the man.
  3. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    We love Norwood! He's been a long time endorser, and has a mean arsenal of Thumb basses, as well as his Infinity, Alien Bass, and Star Bass II! Always fun when Norwood is around!
  4. SpectorDetector

SpectorDetector

He is such a nice guy too! Always hangs with the fans and talks after the show.
  5. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

I got to see one of his old 5 string Thumbs getting worked on at the old Warwick distribution house down in Venture, CA. This bass was used and abused. Wish I had taken a photo.

Shaun
  6. ransombass

ransombass

I have to say that I was surprised that he used fretless basses so much. It was all awesome!
  7. Tupac

Tupac

Is Norwood super tall?
  8. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    No, not particularly so. : ) He's medium tall, and thin
  9. peledog

peledog Supporting Member

Saw him at BPL. Saw the Bone live in 1987 (yeah, I'm old) the first time. Then about 5 or 6 times after that throughout the years. Love playing along to Bonin' - great line.
  10. Fat Steve

Fat Steve The poodle bites, the poodle chews it. Supporting Member

I've been fortunate enough to play a few shows opening for Fishbone, and have even been invited up to do a set with his Trulio Disgracious project. Norwood is a class act. For the TD show, I was playing electric guitar jamming with Norwood, Lonnie Marshal (Weapon of Choice) and a few other cats. Talk about intimidation! Lonnie had a shoebox with rubber bands, and Norwood was playing a fretless over on the other side of the stage. No visual cues to go off of, just ear!

I'm all the way to the left:
    [​IMG]