Nosepedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Darknut, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Darknut

Darknut Supporting Member

Whats the scoop with this guy anybody done any business with him?

I ordered a pedal & sent an email with questions about the order & a custom pedal.

Zero response from the email & the pedal hasn't shipped yet. ( of course my CC got charged instantly)

Its only been a few days & I understand he may be building the pedal I ordered but I don't understand the lack of response to the email.

I'm curious what other people experience with him are.

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I have a nose pedal and it was a good experience he does a big eBay business you may want to try him there.

3. enjoi1018

enjoi1018 Supporting Member

I've ordered two pedals from Aaron. It does take him a few days to get back to you with email... and it took a few days to ship as well. I know his eBay stuff is fairly prompt.

The pedals look cool and do their job well.

4. Darknut

Still no response to my email or a shipping notice ....

Guess I should have ordered from one of the dealers.

Cancelling the order if I don't some kind of response pretty soon .... :(

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. enjoi1018

I know he's got a FaceBook page for NosePedals and a personal page, maybe try to get him there?

7. Darknut

Got on facebook ...... I'm not the only one getting zero feedback

8. runmikeyrun

runmikeyrun

have your card reverse the charges, and, if you still feel like giving him your business, go to a dealer.

9. Darknut

going to give him the weekend ..then I'll do just that

10. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz

I didn't had a good experience with them. It took a long time to have a response by email and I had to open a dispute with PayPal after 40 + days. Luckily, I finally got what I odered the next day. Also, the paint didn't dry properly on my items before they were shipped.

11. Darknut

It's looks like another promising little company will most likely go south because the owner fails at the easiest but one of the most important parts of business .... communication!

I knew going in it was a boutique operation & it might have to wait a little..... but the zero email response is incredibly unprofessional is what upsets me the most.

12. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

It could have been an internet connection problem unless he's posting on Facebook I had a similar problem guy lost his house and couldn't get back to me.

13. jeffbonny

jeffbonny Gold Supporting Member

Having learned the hard way I never cough up money before sending an email to the internet vendor inquiring as to the availability of the item. The speed and tone of the response can tell you a lot about who you're doing business with.

14. Darknut

Finally got a response after I cancelled the order .... I think he may be having problems with his site .... at least we have a dialogue going now.

15. Darknut

Well ... I thought we were going to have a dialogue .... tying real hard to give this guy the benefit of the doubt ... but its getting harder by the sec.

16. Darknut

Not Happy.... I've owned my own business for nearly 15 years .... would have went belly up years go if I ran it like nosepedals.

Edit ... Got an email just now .... seems the only way to get a response is when you open a paypal dispute. Aaron claims it shipped & that he emailed me twice ... I never got any of those emails.

17. Darknut

Well after a few emails my impression of Aaron is that he is not a bad guy ... he just seems like a total airhead! he couldn't even tell me when my pedal shipped but that he thought it did. If it shipped when he thought I would have it by now.

My advice is IF you want to brave using nosepedal products don't make the mistake I made by ordering directly from nosepedal.com ... get it from a dealer that has one in his hands.

18. Darknut

Follow up .... I got my little nosepedal looper & Aaron does a good job on the product. I'm still left with mixed feelings about his business practices though. I prob would still buy Nosepedal stuff just from a dealer .... not directly.

19. enjoi1018

Glad it worked out! My looper was top notch, and Aaron truly is a great guy. But with practices like that, I'd go to a dealer next time myself.

Thanks for the update for us all!

20. Kazoo_Legend

Kazoo_Legend Supporting Member

I am in the EXACT same boat. The customer service is absolutely horrid. I too, have been giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I just opened up a paypal dispute (today) as well. I hope I get the same results as you and actually just GET my pedals. That company shows a lot of promise if they could simply communicate better. All it would take is one company doing the same thing with better customer service, and bye-bye NosePedal. I would absolutely recommend that anyone looking to buy their pedals go through a dealer, the factory direct route is the most appalling consumer experience I've ever gone through. :scowl:

21. aarontomberlin

aarontomberlin

Hey friends. Thanks for all the support with Nose Pedals. Just the fact that I get to communicate with you on a forum to talk about my product (being late) is awesome. So first, let me take a second and apologize for all delays in product and communication. Let me try to explain a bit. You may already know, but Nose Pedal is a super small company and was just started 2 years ago. I started the company as a side project because I had some cool ideas for pedals that I thought would be useful for guitarists. I had no idea that the products would blow up on the internet. Still, the internet is where we get most of the business. Nose Pedal only consists of 2 guys right now. Sometimes we have some part time guys help out with production, but currently, EVERYTHING is on us. Business isn't slowing down... and Thank God! However, WE do get bogged down from time to time. Especially during the summer when NAMM is going on in Nashville, and definitely during Christmas and the new year when the big winter NAMM starts kicking in. We are always trying to expand with new employees to speed up production, but this is a very specific job and sometimes it's hard to find guys. So on top of a rushed season, new products, developing videos, maintaining the website, hand painting every pedal, hand wiring every pedal, it can get difficult to keep up. On our website, we actually push to purchase from our dealers as well. They keep Nose Pedals in stock and sometimes it's quicker to get a pedal from them. Makes them happy, makes you happy, and makes us happy that you are buying from our dealers. We are small and new right now, but we are constantly growing and promise to keep up and get your pedals out the door. If you have any questions at all, feel free to email us directly on the website. Thanks for buying a pedal!!! :) -Aaron Tomberlin, President/Creator