1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Not Good Live Bands

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by agreatheight, Jan 18, 2010.

1. agreatheight

agreatheight

I want to hear about signed touring bands you have seen that weren't very good.

I'll kick it off with Atreyu.

Believe it or not, the show I saw they were even worse.

2. Papazita

Papazita

Worst show I've ever seen? Mighty Mighty Bosstones.
    They're ok on record, and have a rep for being a killer live act, so I was suprised at how bad they were. It might have just been an off night for them, but it made quite a first impression. That was the only show I've ever walked out of. :atoz:

3. JulienJeff

JulienJeff

I remember seeing offspring in 95 and they were pretty bad.

4. s_mcsleazy

s_mcsleazy

reel big fish aint too great live

it was a fun gig but they wernt doing too good

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RobertPaulson

RobertPaulson

Yeah, i've seen them twice, both times they seemed incredibly bored.

7. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

The only band I've ever walked out on was Opeth in 2007.

8. LaklandBass

LaklandBass

yea opeth was pretty bad in like 02' when i saw them. thank god nevermore came on after and played one of the most flawless sets ive ever seen.

9. s_mcsleazy

s_mcsleazy

on all there live dvds they seem dead energetic and funny but when i saw em they just seemed tired

altho the opening band were amazing so that made up for it

10. kicksnlicks

kicksnlicks

This depresses me :(

My "Worst Live Performance" came from Trivium. Their mind numbing 45 minute set was a blur of incomprehensible, sludgy guitar without any way of deciphering what song was being played. I've never heard anything like it :meh: Maybe it was a one-time thing

11. phall2112

phall2112

When the black crowes opened for zz top. they were horrible.

12. Infiltration12

Infiltration12

I think the main problem with their live show is that they are a mediocre band that caters to preteen kids that like to rock out but absolutely <3 vocal molodies as well.

13. BigOldHarry

BigOldHarry

Back in the day, Aerosmith was widely known as a terrible live act - always loaded as hell, sloppy... just bad. Great recording group... and I understand that they are a MUCH better band live now than they were back in... well, I first say them in '77 (and they could barely get on stage!) - -

14. RobertPaulson

RobertPaulson

Yeah I saw them somewhere around 2001 probably and they killed it. Certainly not bad in any way.

15. sotjian

sotjian

I think I can count my self fortunate that I haven't seen any truly bad live acts.. that said Hatebreed had me going for a beer while waiting for Lamb of God to come on.

16. BigOldHarry

BigOldHarry

Sometimes, sobriety is good....

Sometimes.

17. RTL

RTL

I saw BTO live back in 1998 at a festival called "RockFest '98", and they were just disgustingly bad... Fat, sweaty, out of tune, out of time, forgetting lyrics to their most popular songs, a couple of songs were even sung in the wrong key... Kind of sad for a kid who grew up in Canada and used to look up to them.

The Guess Who were also supposed to play that same festival, but Burton Cummings was apparently arrested the night before on something alcohol-related, and was drying out in the drunk tank at the local Police Station... Good times!

Survivor closed the night and absolutely stole the show. They were scary good!

18. Achtane

Achtane

The Dave Brockie Experience at a multi-band show. I'm not a GWAR fan so that probably didn't help, but what made me leave was when they stopped mid-song three times because someone messed up their part or whatever.

I guess it was supposed to be funny, but listening to that mediocre song four times over was a grind.

19. N.F.A.

N.F.A. Supporting Member

I saw the Police on their final tour. They played every song at breakneck tempo and didn't jam on any song. They looked like they hated each other. They played as if they couldn't wait to just get it over with.

20. whocaresnotme

whocaresnotme

I stumbled onto a Gun's and Roses concert on TV and they sucked supremely!! Years ago I went to a ZZ TOP concert near Sacramento and there were 2 or 3 metal bands prior and they stunk the place up.

Saw Jefferson Airplane in Hawaii in the late 60's and they were weak to nearly non-existent on stage. Probably stoned (probably?).

21. John Bassist

John Bassist

I remember seen DragonForce at their debut on OzzFest...

That was a shame. They are known just because of their fast-licky guitars... but that show sucked so much, I could even hear the bass lines louder than those lazy guitars...

There's a thing I must say, though: The keyborder is a high talented artist... I wish the whole band could think like him...