Not really sure what to do. Need guidance. Noob

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ThomasLM800, Apr 11, 2014.

1. ThomasLM800

ThomasLM800

Hey, this is my first post ever so please have a heart. I've been playing bass for a couple of years now in various Hardcore and Punk bands but now have really gotten into playing the bass more seriously outside of that style and want to begin to upgrade my setup. I'm currently playing a Schecter Diamond series Deluxe 4 which I like just fine but I also would like to change to a Passive bass. Preferably Fender or build my own custom from parts online. Only problem is I'm not very flush with funds. But I also have some stuff lying around that I'm wondering if I should fix up and sell or keep myself. I have Squier P-Bass I'm debating on upgrading from the ground up. And I also have what I believe to be a base model TBC 5 string bass I bought off a guy at work but its in pretty bad shape (some tuners missing and some TLC) and is also active. I don't want to get rid of the Schecter either, I would just like to have a back up more or less. So my question is fix up the TBC bass and sell it, try and scrape together some more cash and buy something better? Just sell the TBC bass as is? I cant really find much info on the TBC bass I have. Use the money to upgrade Squier P-bass if its worth it? Or buy my own parts online and try to assemble my own set up via Guitar fetish or something.
    Any suggestions?
    Pics of the TBC bass.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PortlandBass77

PortlandBass77

If you're handy with instruments and have some electronics knowledge I would definitely restore the TBC then if you like it keep it and if you don't sell it. It is worth about $200 to $250 if it is 100% working and less than $100 in it's current state. I personally don't care for Squier very much, but if you like the feel and playability you could definitely switch out the pickup to improve the sound.