1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Not returning calls?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kindofblue, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Kindofblue

Kindofblue

So about a year ago going to school in my final year of high school i was jamming with a friend and a few of his mutual friends. It didn't go very far and eventually we all found other projects. I moved to another city to start music school and didn't need to have a 4 10 on hand he was using it in his studio, totally fine by me.

We stopped jamming and I got my basshead and had to go back to get my cab (I was commuting to the city by public transit) so I had to arrange to get a ride. Our schedules conflicted and we still had yet to sort out a time to get the cab.

Its now 7 months later and after emailing and texting the guy he won't return my friends or I's calls to try and get the cab.

I hate to do it but what should I do? Should I just contact the police? Is their any laws he may have against me for leaving it there for a bit of time? Have any of you been through this before? I want to do everything thats right and civil. But right now it just seems incredibly weird and im scared that he may have broken,sold or damaged it and is just relucatant to tell me...but seriously? its almost been a year of no replies. :help:
  2. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

What kind O cab is it? If it's not worth much then it's not worth bothering the Cops. If it is worth a lot then you sue in small claims court. They can't ignore a summons.
  3. Kindofblue

Kindofblue

Its a fender bassman cab. Its not much but regardless, I think its more so the moral situation. I know this has happened to my friend before with an amp and they just went with him to the house to make sure their wasen't an altercation and all they wanted to see was proof of purchase and the phone messages.

I use to be friends with the guy and no bad blood between us I just feel as if he thinks because i've moved i've forgotten and that's why. I've had multiple people message him for me after he didn't respond and still no reply.
  4. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

He's already answered the question about his morales by ignoring your attempts to contact him. Now the question is, how much trouble are you willing to go to in order to get your cabinet back?