1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Not wanting to talk politics

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SnowCal, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnowCal

SnowCal

Argh. The beautiful ladies next door are talking politics while sunbathing in their swimsuits. To make matters worse, the girl talking her mouth off is dumb as snot.

She's claimed that California is an even 50/50 split of Republicans and Democrats (the Democrats actually have a supermajority in the legislature now). She's insisted that Obama didn't win by millions of votes but only a few dozen and that voter fraud made the difference. She's currently arguing that Obamacare sucks because it isn't as good as an average Euro socialized system and so we should adopt Republican plans that privatize everything.

I don't want to start a political fight here. Just admitting that my two favorite things are talking to scantily clad ladies and talking politics. So hard to not be that neighbor right now.

2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Tell her you completely agree and you'd love to discuss it further over some wine.

3. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Talking un-informed politics while sunbathing in bikinis? Y'all got all the crazies out there. :D

4. SnowCal

SnowCal

Talking ill-informed politics while sunbathing in February. Temp right now is 70°.

California is a wonderful place.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. nutdog

nutdog Supporting Member

7. Truktek2

Truktek2

Dude, break out the earplugs and binoculars.

8. ZenG

ZenG

Careful........sounds like she may be one of those women that work for Fox News......

9. SnowCal

SnowCal

Damnit TB rules. I said I'm trying to not be that neighbor. Shooting pics of the scantily-clad neighbors in their backyard is worse than the already bad 'bout them politishuns' pickup line.

10. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Oddly, it doesn't sound all that different than growing up in Minnesota....aside from all the sun and bikinis. :)

We had at least half if not more of the states population living in the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul metro are (quite cosmopolitan/ "Left" politics), and less than half living in the entire rest of the state (rural farmers or folks who live "up in the sticks", "Right" politics).

Basically, a bunch of people in maybe a 3 county area dictating to the rest how things ought to be. :D

Here where I live now in Austin, it's kind of the opposite....basically an oasis of liberalism in the middle of a very "red" state. :D

11. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    It's only creepy if it doesn't work. ;)

12. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

People all have an amazing ability to perceive reality as they want it to be, not as it really is.

Unsurprisingly, this ability extends to pretty girls.

13. SnowCal

SnowCal

Here. Does this work for you guys and yer rules?

[​IMG]

I haven't cut my hair since then. It's a lot more rock'n'roll now, 10 months later.

Attached Files:

14. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    I don't get it....I see two girls dancing and a guy in a sweater vest.

Have you tried inviting her over to watch an episode of Hannity?

15. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

While I'm by no means a liberal in the current sense, I am by no means your typical Alabamian when it comes to my political leanings.

People like me in a state like this are best served to just keep our thoughts to ourselves.

16. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    I'd be described as Libertarian on most things, Conservative on a couple things, yet we all seem to get along fine here. I think some of it has to do with the difference between "conservative" and "republican". I don't support any political party, just good ideas.

17. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

In these situations it's best to let your little do the thinking, not your big head

18. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    No politics in Off Topic means just that. NO politics.

Is that so hard?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.