Nothing's Shocking v Ritual De Lo Habitual

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tituscrow, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

I remember buying NS when it came out, and was immediately hooked. Of course 'Mountain Song' had me drooling and I still get a chill when I hear that intro. Plenty of other gems on that album, and it really is a great record.

However, when RDLH landed, I was utterly blown away. It's one of those rare, all-killer no-filler albums that has to be played in its entirety to appreciate the majesty of the songs.

'Then She Did' is just beautiful. I saw them open for NIN a few years back with 'Three Days', performed in silhouette behind a large white sheet as the opening song. My band once covered 'Been Caught Stealing' and it was such a joy to play. 'Classic Girl' and 'Of Course' make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up...and I could go on.

A very good friend of mine - we have known each other for nearly 40 years - often have long discussions/debates/arguments about music. When it comes to Janes Addiction, he is just as adamant and vociferous that NS trumps RDLH.

So...if you are a fan of those first 2 albums, and HAD to pick a favourite, which would it be?

2. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core

Disclosures:
    and at the bottom it says thank you, and now you can **** off
    NS, for a few reasons and a few because we had a club in La, that Janes seemed to be the house band for awhile so i was lucky or we were lucky enohgh to see them weekly and each show was better then the last.

3. Javaral

Javaral

"Stop" for me is one of the best grooves ever. Great band and... I'm getting old and feeling nostalgic...

4. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life. Supporting Member

Media:
    Not either...both.
    No need to choose.
    However, first warm day of spring I will crank NS as I have since it was originally released.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core

Disclosures:
    and at the bottom it says thank you, and now you can **** off
    Smart!