Now this, I could love long time

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by millsbass5, Nov 30, 2012.

1. millsbass5

millsbass5

I've never, ever been a fan of these basses. When I think of a Tele Bass, I think of thick, gooey mud dripping out of a speaker cab when one of these are being played. Ahh, but this one has just what the doctor ordered. Some zing and snap (along with a dose of 60 cycle hum, but it's worth it, IMO). I sure as hell woulda done somethin' differentwith those knobs, for sure though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-197...l-/300814167703?pt=Guitar&hash=item4609ebee97

2. Bobster

Bobster

New pickguard would give you the opportunity to go back to the drawing board with the knobs.

Bob

3. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

I'm not convinced the heavy modding + the price makes perfect sense - but I like the bass - If it plays great it might be worth it. I wouldn't buy it as an investment though.

4. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

I like the J+J+H platform, it looks good on the Tele body. Not the cleanest in terms of the knob orientation and I'm not sure about the blocks. I'd be more inclined to use that as a model for a Warmoth or "parts" kind of build and start from scratch.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Interesting look. You can see some cut marks where it appears that the blocks were added in.

7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

What animal could do such a thing that beautiful baby

8. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

It looks cool but for $1000???
    I would give $500 maybe

9. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

I have one. These are horrible sounding basses, but amazing players. I completely understand doing this. (I won't tell you what I did to mine!)