Npbd!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thumpguy123, Aug 6, 2013.

1. thumpguy123

thumpguy123

2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

I had an SR800 years ago. I like the sound of the pickups and the neck profile. Neck felt a little floppy but I used to play very aggressively so in hind sight I probably came close to breaking it a few times. Mine had gold hardware. Good luck with the restoration!

3. thumpguy123

thumpguy123

hey webtroll, thanks! :) i'm pretty new here, so i'm not really sure how to reply back to your post. i have one just like it, except its a 95'. i was surprised to see that under the bridge didn't have that stupid cut out for that sustain block or whatever that thing is. thats one of the reasons why i bought this new one. i'm a huge ibby fan, so im wondering if yours had that sustain block thing under the bridge?

4. Webtroll

Couldn't tell you, I tend to go through instruments pretty fast. Well, I used to when I was strapped for cash. Sold an Aria Pro II to buy that, sold that to buy... hell if I can remember. I don't even have a picture of it, but then I don't have pics of many of the basses I owned back then.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. thumpguy123

thumpguy123

thats really neat! :D what other basses have you tried? anything with a story? ;)

7. Webtroll

The problem with stories is my memory :p I bought a '63 P bass on the TB forums that was refinished. I later found a post by a guy claiming to be a West coast studio player who was offering someone a 63 P bass refinished the same way, and that the bass had been used to record some TV show intros and at least the bass part for one hit song (from back then that I didn't know then or remember now). Not much of a story, really, so I may decide to spice it up with an association with Bigfoot.

My last 4001 was purchased from a guy and when I picked it up he wouldn't turn on the lights, and I realized that the spots on the walls were roaches so I kept my mouth shut, paid for the bass and left. I took it to Erlewine in Austin when he was on Guadalupe and Tony Nobles did a setup for me. While dropping it off they took off the trussrod cover, and it was full of roaches (not the good kind). Embarrassing, but when when I picked it up the receipt indicating they threw in a de infestation. Those guys!

That's as good as it gets really. :p

8. thumpguy123

thumpguy123

thankyou haha i love a good story! :D cock roaches? that's a first for me haha was he on the sketchy side of town? lol