1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NPD - Digitech JamMan Express XT Looper

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tastybasslines, Mar 4, 2014.

1. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

I got one of these delivered yesterday and for $99 - this is a great pedal.

[​IMG]

I played around with it for about 2 hours last night. It has double the recording time of the Ditto at 10 minutes, true bypass, unlimited overdubs and LED's to indicate the status you are in - recording, overdub and playback. The LED's helped a lot - no more guessing. However, you can only erase the last dub you did. It would be nice to be able to go back as far as you wanted, but then again, that would ruin the simplicity of it. After I got used to it, I recorded a jam using only Windows included sound recorder using the line out on my Ampeg BA-108 practice amp. Dead quiet with no hiss.

The pedal seems well made too and stepping on the pedal was comfortable and easy with socks on. It has a battery you can use too, but I won't be using that - still it is nice to have even if it does drain quickly.

It does what it says it does, sans a very slight delay after you hit the pedal. It took my a little while to get my timing down to make a loop that came back reliably on the one, but I'm not sure that this is the pedal's fault. I'm fairly new to loopers and have a hard time doing 2 things at once - playing and stomping.

Such a good time to be had with this - I can't believe I went for so long only using a drum machine.

2. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

I also got one a few weeks ago. Does what it does well, great sound quality. The switch seems to react better than the Solo I had, so it also took me a while to get it. I use more for acoustic guitar than bass, but it's there if I need it.

3. eeyorebass

eeyorebass

Anyone had a chance to compare this one and the Ditto?