1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NPD! octave content

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ilovenofrets, Jan 26, 2014.

1. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets

Media:
    Bought this from a fellow TBer who responded to a want add I posted. MXR M88 Bass Octave. I have been using an EHX Octave Multiplexer. While I love it a lot, I wanted something with a sound closer to a Boss OC-2, just not as synthy. There is only one YouTube demo on the M88, but I really liked what I heard. It arrived yesterday, and I must say I am really liking it. A bit glitchy below an open A, but most octaves are. With that, I will have it and the Multiplexer on the board so I can have choice of flavor, depending on what works better for specific songs. Here it is in all it's pale blue sweetness.

Attached Files:

2. Phagor

Phagor

Cool. Have you heard the newer MXR octaver - the M288 Bass Octave Deluxe? I wonder how they compare. The 288 has more controls and looks more like it tackles the OC2 sound.

3. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets

Media:
    I have no personal experience with it, but have checked out many YouTube demos. It does sound pretty good, and I wouldn't rule out ever buying one, but the original just works well for me, and the layout is dirt simple. Between the M88 and my EHX Octave Multiplexer, I'm a happy guy :)