1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NPD! octave content

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ilovenofrets, Jan 26, 2014.

1. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets Supporting Member

Bought this from a fellow TBer who responded to a want add I posted. MXR M88 Bass Octave. I have been using an EHX Octave Multiplexer. While I love it a lot, I wanted something with a sound closer to a Boss OC-2, just not as synthy. There is only one YouTube demo on the M88, but I really liked what I heard. It arrived yesterday, and I must say I am really liking it. A bit glitchy below an open A, but most octaves are. With that, I will have it and the Multiplexer on the board so I can have choice of flavor, depending on what works better for specific songs. Here it is in all it's pale blue sweetness.

Attached Files:

2. Phagor

Phagor

Cool. Have you heard the newer MXR octaver - the M288 Bass Octave Deluxe? I wonder how they compare. The 288 has more controls and looks more like it tackles the OC2 sound.
  3. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets Supporting Member

I have no personal experience with it, but have checked out many YouTube demos. It does sound pretty good, and I wouldn't rule out ever buying one, but the original just works well for me, and the layout is dirt simple. Between the M88 and my EHX Octave Multiplexer, I'm a happy guy :)