NPD! TC Electronic Mini Spark

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Guinness20, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Guinness20

Guinness20

This is a couple of days, but anywho...

I got this little beauty on Christmas Day. I'm in the planning stages of a pedalboard, but currently I only really need a booster pedal for solos on the bass.

I knew this was a small pedal - the mini version of the standard spark booster - but I didn't realise just how small this pedal was until I opened the box! This would be fantastic for anyone looking to save real estate on their pedalboard. It's a beautiful looking pedal too, I love the design of it!

Not long finished playing with it, and I absolutely love it!!! Whether using it as a clean boost or turning it right up and getting some saturation, it sounds fantastic!Playing with my thunderbird, I find it actually adds clarity to my tone. As I said, I'm only planning my pedalboard at the minute, but i tried it with my dad's old boss overdrive pedal for guitar. With the OD it sounded epic, it made the pedal sound so much better. I wouldn't use it without the mini spark!

Overall I couldn't be happier - I love the look and the sound of it, and it's great when used with other pedals :D

Attached Files:

2. DavidLopezJr

DavidLopezJr

Best part about these besides the size is the PrimeĀ–Time switching!

3. Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse Supporting Member

Congrats on the pedal. I just got one of the Hall of Fame Minis and yes, they are insanely small. It's really hard to explain to someone just how small these "mini" line of pedals are until they hold it in their hands.

4. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Disclosures:
    playing bass since 2005
    was just wondering, would this be good for bringing a passive p bass to active level? I used to have an MXR micro amp for that but seemed muddy and crappy sounding

5. Register to disable this ad