NPD!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by redhed, Oct 27, 2013.

1. redhed

redhed TUBE LOVER! Gold Supporting Member

2 New pedals added to my collection this weekend, a Catalin bread SFT and a MXR Super Badass distortion. The SFT is AWESOME, one of the best pedals I have heard for dirt! The MXR is also surprising as well for a 'guitar' pedal no real bottom end loss and excellent eq control with its bass, mid and treble controls. I love them!!

Attached Files:

2. RootNoteRadical

RootNoteRadical

Cool! I was kind of curious about those 'super badass' pedals, can you get any milder distortion sounds with it?

3. redhed

Yes! It is a very cool pedal, I think it sounds better than my MXR bass overdrive.

4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Congrads on your purchase. I've purchased an ebs metaldrive a few weeks ago and it sounded pretty cool. lately I've been thinking about purchasing a digitech hardwire sc-2 valve distortion pedal because I originally wanted to buy this pedal based on a youtube clip I've checked out. and I do like what I hear from the clip. it sounded totally awesome on bass. anywho, I will be buying this pedal real soon and do a comparison on the ebs metaldrive and the digitech hardwire sc-2 valve distortion. here's the clip that inspired me to purchase that pedal.

In case you're wondering, the reason why I didn't this pedal is because I was gonna order it from musician's friend or sam ash, but both websites didn't have it in stock at the time. but eventually I've found another website that carries the the pedal. as soon as I save a couple of bucks, I will purchase one.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. redhed

Never have I tried the EBS metaldrive but I do own the Hardwire CM-2 and it is a great pedal, the Digitech Hardwire pedals are fine!

7. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Yeah I know, redhed. that's why I plan to buy one real soon. I am well aware of the cm-2 and indeed it does sound awesome on bass. I am more interested in buying the sc-2. I was impressed with the sound quality from the youtube clip I've posted. it does sound similar to a zvex distortron, only it sounds more amped and probably more heavy. so I plan to buy the sc-2 real soon. as for the ebs metaldrive, it's actually a great sounding pedal. this pedal sounds like if a boss metal zone was played through an ampeg svt. that should give you an Idea on how this pedal sounds. perhaps these youtube clips would help you out.