NTMBD, Schecter Diamond P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by frozenbolt, Feb 3, 2014.

1. frozenbolt

frozenbolt

Well, it is a small world, after all...

I stopped into Monument Music a week or so ago and saw a bass on the wall that piqued my interest. It was/is a Schecter Diamond P Custom IV in Metallic Blue. The split-coil humbucker at the bridge sounded like an interesting take on the classic P/J setup, where the humbucker in the back can actually be solo'd decently, as well as giving the classic P/J tone.

I started reading up on the bass and the more I read, the more I discovered this might be a nice step up from my beginner bass (Ibanez EB404). So of course, any search for bass info is going to eventually lead back to TalkBass, sooner or later, and in this case, it was sooner.

I found scottiwkt's Diamond P F/S thread and was a bit dismayed that his bass had gone to a music store before I could check it out. A couple of PM's later, I found out his bass and the one in Monument Music here in Sheboygan were one and the same.

A quick trip back to Monument to try out the bass, a little chat with the salesman about trade-in and lo and behold, out the door I walked with the Schecter Diamond P Custom.

Woo Hoo! Now the search for my 'next step' bass is complete and I can concentrate on learning the nuances of this instrument. The fun never ends. :)

Thanks, Scott, for letting me know that was your bass. It made it easier knowing it was a TB'er who originally owned it and that it probably was treated well because of it.

Here's my new (and Scott's old) baby:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just used his pics, there as good as, if not better than what I could have come up with.

Rock On,
    'Bolt

2. elBandito

elBandito

Fretwork and neck feel fantastic on this bass. Not sure about the "classic P/J tone" tho. Those ceramic pickups have their own sound.

3. Immigrant

Immigrant

I had the five string version of that for about a year. Fantastic build quality and playability.

Congrats! You have a nice bass there.

4. TinIndian

TinIndian

I like it! Congrats!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. frozenbolt

frozenbolt

Those two features (frets and neck) are what basically sold me on the bass. The tones sealed the deal.

By 'classic', I just meant that by splitting the humbucker, you end up with just the P and single coil 'J' at the bridge...prolly could have called it 'the standard P/J setup'. :)

Either way, sounds and feels good, so far. We'll see how it works on the big rig at practice, later this week.

Rock on,
    'Bolt