1. If you have a confirmed date for your GTG, please create a new event ("Post New Event" button) to get it on the calendar. RSVP system included.

NYC - LaBella "Lords of the Low End" 9/28

Discussion in 'Social Events & GTG's [BG]' started by Keith Guitars, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Keith Guitars

Keith Guitars

Disclosures:
    Builder: Martin Keith Guitars, Veillette Guitars
    Hi folks,

For anyone in the NYC area, this should be a GREAT event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1398444860375377/

LA BELLA STRINGS presents LORDS OF THE LOW END, an exclusive bass-only event on Saturday, SEPTEMBER 28TH in NYC.

Together with our generous sponsors, we're helping raise awareness for non-profit LITTLE KIDS ROCK. $10 ticket enters you into our RAFFLE for the chance to win $10k worth of prizes from our sponsors/exhibitors.

Performances throughout the day from La Bella artists like ALAIN CARON, RUBEN RODRIGUEZ, BRIAN BROMBERG & MORE!

Plus check out gear from today's best BASS BUILDERS and ACCESSORY BRANDS:

Michael Tobias Design: MTD American Handmade Bass & Guitar
    Fodera Guitars
    Alleva-Coppolo Basses & Guitars
    F Bass
    Veillette Guitars
    Martin Keith Guitars
    Pedulla Bass Guitars
    Sadowsky Guitars Ltd
    Sheridan Guitars
    Warwick basses
    Citron Basses
    Lieber Instruments

Aguilar Amplification
    Markbass
    Hipshot
    GRUV GEAR

Bass on the Broadband
    Pigtronix
    & More!

Check out flyer for full details. This should be a lot of fun and supports a great cause.

Hope to see you there!
  2. Luke Sheridan

Luke Sheridan Supporting Member

This is a great opportunity to hang, especially in absence of the regular NY GTGs
  3. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    I'll get there late, but I'm going for sure.
  4. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader" Supporting Member

oh man! I wont be here that weekend! cest la vie. But I will be putting together a meetup.com group for bass players/NYC GTG that meets monthly and that plans out the annual GTG. So sorry I couldnt get it done this year :crying:
    OK, back to the thread!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Epidrake

Epidrake

Sorry I missed the post. I didn't realize it was here already. Looks like I may be working. I saw one of the prizes at the NYC Guitar show this past Sunday. A very nice custom bass.
  7. Keith Guitars

Keith Guitars

Disclosures:
    Builder: Martin Keith Guitars, Veillette Guitars
    Bump - looking forward to this tomorrow!
    It should be a great event, and it's for a great cause.
    Come on down!
  8. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Last minute thing came up for me...not sure if I'll make it...if so, will definitely be late. Ugh! :(

Edit: On my way...
  9. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

Had a great time this afternoon. Got to hear some good bass playing and meet some nice people.

Martin Keith makes a really nice bass. I got to try a few of his composite necks and can safely say "It is an impressive innovation." The basses are small and light, but definitely do not skimp in the sound department. He had a walnut-bodied fiver that was especially impressive.

The highlight of my afternoon was meeting Jamaaladeen Tacuma. If I enjoy a performance, I like to thank the player/s after if possible. This can go terribly wrong, and has in a few instances. Nevertheless, most performers are at least cordial. A select few seem genuinely glad to hear a kind word. Jamaaladeen was exceptionally grateful and humble saying, "I just try to play from my heart." I'm very VERY glad to have met him.