1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NYT MINI-HUMBUCKER REPLACEMENT?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by georgiagoodie, Feb 20, 2013.

1. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie It's all fun&games 'til the flying monkees show up Supporting Member

I have an Epi Allen Woody, and would like to find some replacement pups with gold covers. Does anyone make one that is reasonable? (Not Lollar...$200 EACH!).
    If I can't find any, then maybe some replacement gold covers, as the ones on it are not so nice looking (up against the gold Supertone bridge and the gold Ultralites...).

[​IMG]
  2. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie It's all fun&games 'til the flying monkees show up Supporting Member

3. georgiagoodie

'Decided to go with a TV Jones Thunder'Tron in the neck and a TV Jones Thunder'Mag for the "bridge". 'Prolly some routing in my future...
    'Will post photos/review after I get them installed....
  4. Stompin Tom

Stompin Tom

I'd like to see it and know what you think of the tone once you're done!
  5. georgiagoodie

Sure thing Stompin Tom.
    TV Jones is making the Thunder'Mag now, so it will be a little while before I can get them in the AW....., but I will post photos and review....
  6. cellkirk74

cellkirk74

Sorry for the little highjack, but this thread seems to fit my question well, so I post it right here.

I am also looking for a replacement for the pickups on my Rumblecat. I would like the middle to have more bite and charakter and the neck to sound more "woody". The ones on it seem to be both the same, probably a bridge pickup from the EB 3.

Which possibilties are out there? I'd go with single coils too.