1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

O God here it comes again... High C Heavy 5 string set?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by InsaneBassninja, Dec 16, 2013.

1. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

I like to Drop tune but I want to be able to use EADGC still am looking at this time 110, 90, 75, 55 or 50 and last 35 for the C. Good set up for should I go a bit lighter?

i know you all are getting tried of my consent random thoughts about this as well but just wounding what your thoughts because am a noob.

(On this same note if I need to get to low B or lower I have my six string bass for that job) The Benefits of being the type of person that has a bass for eve thing.:bag: Its like a women and there shoes. lol
  2. KingRazor

KingRazor

75 is crazy heavy for a D string.
  3. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

ok 110 90 70 55 35 then?
  4. sirplabassalot

sirplabassalot

sounds better!
  5. KingRazor

KingRazor

That's better I think, I'd also probably bump up the low E to a 120. 110 is pretty light compared to the rest of those.
  6. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

I thought about just lower the strings
  7. KingRazor

KingRazor

Yeah if you drop tune I'd get an extra heavy E like 125.
  8. Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

I use Roto 77s on my bass and they are 50 75 95 110 and they are flats so they feel even stiffer and I don't think the D is too heavy at all. In fact, I am trying to custom match a set of flats to 55 75 95 115. I also have a very heavy attack and play near the neck so I like that extra tension. I guess I'm saying if it feels right to you, then go for it. As long as you have a sturdy neck I don't think anything is too heavy.
  9. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

That am not sure about quite yet I have not tested it yet.