1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Occasional Pot noise

Discussion in 'The Perfect Bass' started by LowNloud1, Jul 18, 2012.

1. LowNloud1

LowNloud1

I have a new Fender Jaguar bass and 2 bass amps, an Ampeg B115 and an Acoustic B200H head that I run thru a Peavey 1810 enclosure.

When I use the Acoustic amp, I get LOUD static noise when turning the guitar's volume pot up or down, yet it runs silent on the Ampeg.

Any ideas why it would be silent on one amp and noisey on the other?
  2. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

The Acoustic is "higher Fi" than the Ampeg. Spend 5 bucks on pot cleaner and spray a LITTLE bit in the hole in the pot. Turn the pot 10 or 20 times .

Fixed.
  3. LowNloud1

LowNloud1

Thanks. Seemed weird that one amp would be so different from another Live and learn....