1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Octave up pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by J03YW, Dec 13, 2012.

1. J03YW

J03YW

I want to go an octave up. simple as that. where can i get one around a hundred bucks, and where would i put it in my chain? BYOC mu-tron octave divider (wonderful pedal, but i want to go up too.), bass big muff (any good replacements for this? i want a more over the top sound), bassballs (love it.), cheap fender chorus that i'm throwing out as soon as my tc corona gets in the mail hopefully, dunlop 105q bass wah, BG250 amp

So yeah, i'd basically like to know about any good, straight forward, octave up ONLY pedals. I'd also like to know the general favorite fuzz around here as well, but completely separate from my octave.
  2. Meshuggah604

Meshuggah604

Like an octaver or just transpose everything up and octave? For the latter something like the Digitech Whammy would work, I got the Whammy 4 for 100 bucks second hand off CL, and I think you can get them for even cheaper than that.
  3. Swift713

Swift713

To the best of my knowledge thus far, analog octaves up are pretty much fuzz based and monophonic, digital octaves up sound artificial in an unpleasant way unless they are distorted or filtered in some way. The best digital octave up I've tried was the micro POG. The best analog was the BMS.
  4. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

I'll bet you can find a whammy for $100 bucks. That give an octave up and a few other options.
  5. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

How about a Mooer Pitch Box?

Can go up and octave, can do harmonies and also has a detuner in a small 1590A enclosure.

They go for 88.00 new
  6. insomniac2295

insomniac2295 Supporting Member

How 'bout that Mooer?! I don't think I've heard a demo of it on bass yet. It deeply interests me. Anyone have it?
  7. Bengals

Bengals

I borrowed a Mooer Pitch Box from a friend, it's an odd duck...
    It has a lot of different functions but I felt it didn't do them as well as I'd hoped. The octave up/down sounds VERY digital, and you can't control the volume of the octave to your original note.
  8. sillyfabe

Ill post a review on YouTube and here in a couple days. I dig the Pitch Box but it is VERY basic, no volume controls as stated before and VERY digital. But it will get the +1 OCT.....
  9. StereoPlayer

StereoPlayer

Roland PS-5, 6,7
  10. sillyfabe

it only goes to 6 and its
    PS-2/3/5/6

:hyper:
  11. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

The boss PS-6 is a really fun pedal. It'll do an octave up or pitch bending to an octave up and a bunch of other stuff too.
  12. bassbrad

bassbrad

13. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

Sounds like folks are having better luck with the Mooer than I did. I could get a passable chorus sound from the detuning function, but when I tried to do octaves (or any harmony), I got what sounded like my original tone along with an atonal pinging. The only time I could get anything that sounded right was above the twelfth fret on the G (or higher harmonics).
  14. StereoPlayer

StereoPlayer

Thanks, most people don't pay attention to what I post anyways:meh: