1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Oculus VR sells out to Facebook

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JP_1337, Mar 26, 2014.

1. JP_1337

JP_1337

So, for those that are interested in virtual reality and gaming, the most promising company headlining the technology, OculusVR have been acquired by Facebook.

This crowd funded company has a massive fan base, with over 75000 preorders for its latest development kit (DK2) and was met with a unanimously negative outrage at the acquisition that the Oculus team are referring to as a 'partnership'

In the press releases made by OculusVR's leaders, they have made every attempt to dodge the concerns of the community and was a generic slab of generic PR.

Well, I will add my personal two cents a bit later, as I am not in the least bit happy about this and need to do some more research into what this could mean for the end product.

Anyone else interested in this topic?

2. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

NO, but.... Any time there is something good to be had leave it to a big corporation to ruin it.

3. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Naive to complain about where venture capital comes from. Anytime funding happens its selling out- IPO, VC etc...

4. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

They've made money of something that was probably going to fail, good on them :p

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Facebook has $$$$$$$$$$$$, Oculus had $ maybe.