1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Odd finish spot on Spector headstock

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by GhostHardware, Jan 15, 2013.

1. GhostHardware

GhostHardware

I've just purchased a new 2012 model Spector Performer 4 in black. Overall I'm really happy with the bass; despite being Spector's entry level model, the fit and feel of it is all fantastic, and the five-piece neck that's new to the 2012 models is lovely.

I just had a question about one tiny little thing I noticed the other day: the headstock itself is also finished in black (on the front only), and on one side right along the edge there is a small patch that looks ever so slightly different to the rest - almost a more "black" black. It's only really visible under a strong light and I can't really get it to show up on camera. To my eyes it looks as though there was a patch of the finish that hadn't gone on properly and that it's been touched up by hand or something afterwards. I'm not really familiar with the process of applying a poly coat - is there some kind of clear coat that goes on after the colour itself? The area feels completely smooth to the touch and no different to the rest of the headstock (i.e. there's no "seam" or anything) and really it looks like it's under the surface.

Anyway, as I say it's practically unnoticable and cetainly doesn't detract from the bass itself in any way. I'm just a bit OCD about these things and curious as to what might have gone on with it...