1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

*OFF MARKET* Prochownik German bow

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by LouisF, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

132 gr. Gorgeous reddish-orange round stick; salt & pepper hair; Pfretschner style frog with mother of pearl inlay and pigskin and silver wrap. 2 years old. In excellent condition. No case. $1800.00 + shipping.

Like the Tom Owens bow I recently sold, it's been sitting on the shelf, ignored as I use the Marco Pasquino bow (and Finale cf for back-up) almost exclusively.

This is one P's best bows - bright, aggressive, good bite and sustain.

Louis

Photos attached. The width of the frog (from stick to slide) is 45mm ( 1 7/8")
    Louis

2 more.

Attached Files:

2. Jake

Jake

0   0   0

Is there any way one could try it out before committing to buy? I've never played a Prochownik German bow, I've only seen French. I would really like to try it out then decide whether to buy it.
  3. chris dammann

chris dammann

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Would you be willing to let someone try it out, if they paid shipping?
  4. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Of course. I had said that to Jake (above) in an email. A bow in this range needs to be tested with your own bass for a week or ten days.

louis
  5. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Bump... the bow is too good to sit on a shelf!

Louis
  6. txstatebass

txstatebass

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario Strings
    Serious vouching for Louis! This guy knows what he's talking about and is a great TB'er to boot!
  7. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Thanks, Adam!

Louis
  8. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

9. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

For the heck of it, I took the bow out and used it with my Swanson bass (see thread in the Basses forum about Swanson basses) last week for rehearsals and performances of a Donizetti opera. (I was the only bass)

The combination of the two was pretty amazing (the cellists kept asking if I'd gotten an old Italian orchestra bass!). So...

I think I'm going to leave this up for another week, and if no one's interested, then take the bow off the market and use it with this bass.

It's a very good bow.

Louis
  10. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

The more I play it on the Swanson the more they seem made for each other. Off the market!

Thanks, though.

Louis
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.