Off my meds.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by thlayli, Jan 16, 2013.

1. thlayli

thlayli

Okay, so I'm supposed to be taking a dose of anti-depressant every day. I ran out a week ago, lost my prescription, and my doctor won't call me back when I call to ask if she can call the prescription in to my pharmacy so I can take it.

I didn't think it was going to be a problem, but my wife last night and my co-workers today have pointed out at my request that I'm more of an ******* than normal. I just realized how much of a problem that is when I was in another thread in this forum and the first things that keep coming to mind when I read others posts is snarky, *******-type comments that don't help anything. The ones I didn't post were bad, and the ones I posted before I took a figurative step back were also pretty bad.

So, if I post something that makes me look like an absolute dickhead, please take it with a grain of salt. I am an *******, but usually I'm nicer than this.
  2. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

I completely understand! Call that doctor back and mention words like "immediate" and "referral". Also, have the pharmacy contact her, too.

Meanwhile, don't make any big decisions.
  3. blastoff99

blastoff99 Supporting Member

Seems like the doc calling an Rx in to the local pharmacy shouldn't be hard to manage.

And maybe a 90-day supply is indicated, if you're not doing that already. This means you have the possibility of running out only every three months, not every month. :meh:
  4. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Not just good, good enough Supporting Member

You can't just stop taking those things. You have to taper off the dose. Bad brain chemistry is bad.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Icey101

Icey101

true, never go off unless you have medical supervision
  7. johnson79

johnson79

I've been there. Try your best to get that filled quickly. It is not a great feeling at all.
  8. tinman 1967

tinman 1967 Supporting Member

Go see your doc. I took them for anxiety for about 2 years straight.... That was about 8 years back. I stopped taking them and felt OK for a while, but slowly got worse. Long story short.... I wish I could have the 5 or 6 years back that I stopped taking them....:bawl: I finally talked myself into going back to the doctor about a year ago and got back on them.

Should have never stopped..... Life is so much better now.

Get to your doc now!!
  9. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

You probably need a follow up appointment to get another script.
  10. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I really feel bad for people who legitimately need medication. Especially for depression or other mental illness. I am thankful to not need to be on any medication.
  11. blastoff99

This was not a helpful post.

You may not have intended it to be, but it came across as condescending and "I am better than you."
  12. WokenDeer

WokenDeer

I was taking Zoloft for about a year and quit cold turkey. I was alright for a little bit. But I've noticed the need to get back to it.

I feel the same. I hate admitting that I need meds, even to myself. But it's just a fact of life.
  13. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Hang in there. At least you are doing a great job of self-evaluation. Best of luck getting it all worked out.

By the way, I come across as a total jerk sometimes on here as well. But really it's just my belligerent writing style that leads people to believe I am more serious about my posts than I am. Without the advantage of voice inflection or physical mannerisms in general, it's hard to know what someone is really thinking. So I try not to take anyone too seriously here.
  14. skychief

skychief Gold Supporting Member

I didnt see it that way at all. Hes merely stating he's counting his blessings, and aknowleges some folks have have hurdles in life which may be higher than his own.

Its all relative.

You might be hyper-sensitive to his (Hopkins') remark for whatever reason, but I dont see his post as being condescending in any way.
  15. blastoff99

Maybe it's just that I'm used to everybody being hyper-polite around here (unlike another forum I - used to - hang out on). Perhaps I was expecting him to add something to soften the edge a bit, such as "Hope you get back on the beam soon."

;)
  16. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Talk to the pharmacy. I know that some will give you a small amount to tide you over until you've gotten the prescription refilled. When it comes to something like this, they don't want you to run out suddenly either.
  17. RED J

RED J Play what you want how you want & quit arggerin ! Supporting Member

You didn't sat how long ago you called the Doc. They are generally really busy. Mine asks for 24 hour notice for refills.Call the pharmacy too and explain. Don't give up you'll get what you need in a day or two.
  18. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Tell the pharmacy what happened, they'll usually give you enough for a few days while they contact your doc and request a refill. These are serious meds that should not be stopped cold turkey. I've found that phone call or fax from the pharmacy gets taken care of a lot faster than a phone call from me. It sucks, but that's the way it is.
  19. jfenderp

jfenderp

20. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

Any progress yet? Maybe you're out getting your meds now, I hope things work out soon.
  21. mkandolf

mkandolf

Good luck getting hold of the doc. I'm switching my doc after going through a month and a half trying to get him to renew my migraine meds last time. And then he screwed up the renewal and wanted me to try something new that was really something we had tried before that didn't work for me. Next time I see him it will be with a letter formally requesting all me records be handed over to me.