1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

OFFICIAL ASHDOWN CLUB

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Presto2112, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Presto2112

Presto2112

Couldn't find one on the search correct me if I'm wrong. Here's my Ashdown MK500 I got for a STEAL $700 NEW!!!!:hyper:

2. WillyPop

WillyPop

Disclosures:
    Ashdown Amps, Yamaha, Musicman & Washburn Basses
    Count me in :

ABM c410t

ABM 115

MAG c410t (backup amp)

Attached Files:

3. Presto2112

Presto2112

4. ErnieD

ErnieD Supporting Member

I thought there was a Ashdown faves thread already? Oh well, I'm back in the Ashdown waters after a very ugly experience with a ABM 500 RCII a few years ago.

Now I really like the sound of that Spyder 550 head but have been hesitant to bite in that big. The Bass Place was offering their MAG 300H II heads at below $200 bucks so I hadda try one. YEP, that Ashdown Sound is in there still. Its' quite underpowered for the live gigs I do but I'm playing around the house with it so far.

But its got me thinking about the Spyder more than ever now. Just love the tone Ashdown heads offer. That Spyder just might give my GB STM-900 a run for its' money I'm thinkin. :eyebrow:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

I've got the following Ashdown goodies:

ABM 900 EVO III

ABM 810

MAG 410

EB180-15

I love the Ashdown sound, so I'm not getting anything that isn't Ashdown anytime soon :smug:

7. NickLomango

NickLomango

Glad an Ashdown Club is up... there were some threads but no club #

Count me in... I have a Mag 300 with 2 x 410T pumping all the lows of my Roger Waters Sig bass...

8. NickLomango

NickLomango

Just a snap shot..... for the member # I asked previously!!!

With this set up I rule... :D:cool::bassist:

Attached Files:

9. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Recently got my first all tube bass rig:

Ashdown Little Bastard

Ashdown VS-112-200 cab

GREAT sounding rig that works great with my Hofner Club bass!!

10. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

11. Ajak

Ajak

So it finally became official!

My home/gig rig consisting of a MAG 600H and a Mag 410t deep cab:
    [​IMG]

The combo in the rehearsal room of our Metal band (doesn't belong to me), which is a MAG 300-115C:
    [​IMG]

In the rehearsal room of my Jazz band there used to be a Perfect Ten Combo and now there is an ABM 575 which i plug into an Ampeg 810 (also not my property).

Someday in the next two years I probably get myself a rig from the ABM series...

count me in, please!

12. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    BASS4yourFace!
    No pics, but currently loving my MiBass 550!

13. rodl2005

rodl2005

Add me! LB-30 AND LOVING IT!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Ian the bassist

Ian the bassist

Albums:
    Count me in. I have the ashdown ABM 900 head with a 410H ABM cab. Used to have the 810 cab, but was too much for me to carry around ;P (No camera for pics, but you get the idea)

15. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    BASS4yourFace!
    My pic:

View attachment 265781

16. hillcrest34

hillcrest34

Now part of this club, got an ABM 500RC and a 6x10 today along with a Spector legend 4 all for just over $2000 AUD

17. bassman64

bassman64

reading on the ashdown site and looking at one on the musicians friend website for a while I was very tempted by the MAG115C-300.

I didnt pull the trigger because I never see them in my area.

I got in touch with an Ashdown rep who sort of pointed me towards the AMB as being better and hand wired in the UK...I guess thats like being made in the USA but I still ahte to buy something without trying it.

anyone have experience with either the MAG or the ABM 1X15 comobs...how are they, gig worthy, beta the balls off them, lots of headroom for a classic rock band playing small bars and ****?

18. NickLomango

NickLomango

I might be wrong but both the Mag and the ABM series are Made in China.

I have a Mag300 head running through a 810. I gig small and medium bars and venues and it does its job very well. Our band plays original tunes: rock, funk, blues and psychedelic and I am very satisfied with it. I guess the Mag combo would do well for what you are looking for however the ABM it's a better shot since you can have extra power.

19. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I own a mag 115 combo. I'm not really into 15's but this combo has a sweetness to it that I sincerely like.

20. bassman64

bassman64

a reply via email from the North East rep for Ashdown

" One is hand wired in the UK, and one is made in China. You can tell by the price!!!"

referring to the MAG and the ABM

funny thing is, I currently have a Mark BAss 1X15 thats a real nice amp. quality build and materials, metal grill power out the wazzooo. made in Italy.

sadly it is not a a great match for my Ric and Steinberger ( Steinberger actually sounds better than the Ric through this amp) I am constantly fooling with the EQ and cannot find a tone thats pleasing. disappointing as everything else I touch is cheap feeling and made in China. I saw a GK 200 watt combo oday that sounded fairly nice but the grill was plastic and the build seemed flimsy.

I was eyeing the MAG and and EB for some time and didnt pull the trigger because i havent seen one to try.

on the other hand, I got an Ampeg B100R 10 years ago that I knew nothing about and love it. I wasnt even looking at Ampeg nor do I recall knowing anything about them when I got it. so maybe I should just take another chance and wing it...

21. bassman64

bassman64

what type of music do you play?

play classic rock primarily. Sabbath, AC/DC. Purple soem blues runs that sort of thing

my B100R handles it well but its only 100 watts. I am not playing out but am planning on putting something together like a garage band type thing. the B100R had been great but I feel like I am pushing it to its max. I like to have some extra gas if needed