1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Official ESP club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkmasterflex, Mar 4, 2007.

1. funkmasterflex

funkmasterflex

Well seeing as I can't seem to find a ESP bass club...and yes I did search. I figured I would post a thread to double check and see if I can get any response. Show em' if you got em'. :bassist:

below is my LTD B254...love it..main bass.

EMG HZ's ,3 band Active EMG EQ, Neck through

Paid $325 out the door with ESP hardshell case. Used..but gently. :hyper:

Attached Files:

2. funkmasterflex

funkmasterflex

Wow..going to be a lonely club meeting huh? :D

Funk
  3. bass-shy

bass-shy

I think I'm about the only one around here that really like ESP LTD basses. I have two: a C-304 and a B-50 fretless. I don't think I'll ever part with either of them. One of these days I'll post some pics.

There are a couple people on TB that have some love for ESP, but not many. It's a lonely venture.:crying:
  4. funkmasterflex

funkmasterflex

That is really to bad about the lack of LTD love. Not sure why. Mine is very well made, very versatile..and reliable as a government mule.

Maybe its the "metal" face esp puts on their brand. And their body shapes can be pretty extreme.

Anyhow welcome to our two man club. :smug:

funk
  5. JLW

JLW

I have an ESP B-50 which I defretted.

I wasn't a fan of it at all until I ripped out those frets. Wow, do I love it now....It seems like because of its sorta trebley nature, it was meant more to create that jazz bass fretless sound more than anything.
  6. ROON

ROON

Im really badly GAS'ing for an LTD DF-404. So sexy. :smug:
  7. RAT TAT TAT

RAT TAT TAT

its made by esp in japan, its an edwards e-ac-85
    [​IMG]
  8. El Whappo

El Whappo Keepin' it Weird

I'll join the club. ESP Horizion with EMG pickups. This is one bass that I will never sell.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. AshenBassist

AshenBassist

wow, El Whappo that is one gorgeous bass!

anyhow, heres mine!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Only real problem is the LTD logo on the headstock, i have it covered up with black electrical tape. Not because I'm ashamed that its an LTD, cause I'm not, it is because for god knows what reason the people who designed it decided to slap on a logo that looks like it came of a little kids 'metal' squier. It's incredibly cheesy and ruins an otherwise elegant looking instruement. wish they'd used the regular logo...
  10. El Whappo

El Whappo Keepin' it Weird

Thanks Ashen. I like the looks of your bass as well. The inlay looks nice and I like the no dot on the neck too. I think I know which headstock logo you are talking about. A red and white thing? I agree it looks plain awful. I have a B-50 too and that logo looks OK.
  11. shawn-o

shawn-o

Ive got a b-50. bought it for just over 200 w/ gig bag and stuff. It hadnt been played since it was bought and was in great shape.

I dont think im a fan of it but keep it around as a backup/for alternate tunings. Defretting it would be interesting. Id probably mess it up or something.

Right now its got a SD quarterpound bridge pickup and i might do the percision part of it if i get extra cash, or find one for cheap. it needs a cleaning... bad.

[​IMG]
  12. Superpang

Superpang

Anyone got any opinions on tha high end 5 string model of the F series?
  13. funkmasterflex

funkmasterflex

welcome to the club guys..

go forth and spread her gospel of the mos underrated basses out there.

BTW..the higher end LTD 5 strings are pretty damn nice i must say. The f series while not my favorite...will fill the bill if the shape is for you. Love the necks...and a pretty versatile bass really. Much like the res of the nicer active eq'd LTD's.

Funk
  14. RenoEvan

RenoEvan Supporting Member

Hi Gang,
    Just picked up an ESP (Ltd) F-204. It feels great, and even though the look is a bit over the top, I like it.
    Problem is, it's missing the output jack, so I haven't heard it yet. I just need to confirm the wiring to the jack, and I thought you guys could answer it more easily than the general forum, if you've got the same electronics config.

This bass has the EMG Hz pickups with the active 3-band EQ.
    In addition to the battery clip black lead, I've got a green and a black wire coming off the EQ.

I'm assuming what I need to do is get a stereo 1/4" jack, wire the black from EQ to the sleeve connection, the green wire to the tip (deepest) connection, and the battery wire to the shallower connection so when a plug is inserted, it makes continuity with the sleeve (ground).

If one of your models has the same setup, can you confirm this for me?

Thanks a ton, can't wait to play it!
  15. bass-shy

bass-shy

Yes, that is the right way. Good luck and congrats on the cool, new bass.

Also, here are some crappy pictures of my C-304:
  16. speedofmutation

speedofmutation

My B-50. Was my first bass... very well made and tough as nails. I've since bought a Fender P but i wouldnt be surprised if i get another ESP at some stage. Im a fan.

[​IMG]
  17. bullshark

bullshark

LTD B-50 owner here. Wasn't a big fan of the blocky body at first, but the more I try other bass the more I appreciate my ESP; haven't found one that plays significantly better in the < $1000.00 range and they all have shortcomings that I don't see on my LTD. The B-50 is probably the biggest bargain in the bass world, I could buy 3 for the price of my MIM yet the bridge, tuners and neck joint are way better and there's no dead spot on the neck.
  18. Depth_Charge

Depth_Charge

When I got back into playing bass in late '05 I decided to buy a new bass to help motivate me :)

Being purely a metal player before setting the bass down, I went to the store vowing NOT to buy a metal bass.

I left with my new black ESP LTD F104 (and Gator case) that I still love and is still my main fretted 4.

Of my 4 basses it's the easiest one to get a good tone from in a band situation and while I can get a good range of tones from it, I prefer to play the bass with heavy everything through my relatively flat EQ'd Nemesis cab and Boss ME-50B.

And I've attached a poor quality pic for your drooling pleasure :)
  19. funkmasterflex

funkmasterflex

wow..

awesome to see all the esp and ltd owners. some real nice axes in there. PM me for member numbers.

Funk
  20. Plinkerton

Plinkerton

I had an ESP LTD F-205. That death metal looking one, in a 5 string.

I really have never liked death metal, or that image, but I liked how it sounded, so I bought it.

I sold it though, and now have a G&L JB-2, and I like it a whole lot more.

The F-205 was cool though. Felt decently well made.