1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Official Fernandes Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WackoStu, Jan 7, 2011.

1. WackoStu

WackoStu

I know there are jusy a few of us playing Fernandes Basses out there. Every other brand has a club so why not us. So Here we go. Post a pic and get a number.

Here is mine:

[​IMG]

#1 WackoStu
  2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya Supporting Member

very nice.

here is my MIJ Fernandes Jazz Copy:
    [​IMG]

the picture does not show it, but I put a BadAss II bridge and D'Addario Chromes on her last night.
  3. WackoStu

WackoStu

Very Nice. Madbassplaya is #2

Come on Fernandes owners, lets see your Basses!
  4. KISSPGAP

KISSPGAP

Just jumping in. Fernandes was a great discovery for me. Someone lent me the Atlas and I was hooked. Might buy the Tremor or Gravity. Anyone hear a difference between the deluxe versions and the standards?
  5. WackoStu

WackoStu

Show the bass, get a number!

I almost bought the Atlas instead of my LEB Jazz, and still might. It's still available down at the mom and pop!!

Couldnt tell you about the Tremor or Gravity, but I would say you need to just go in, and plug 'em both in and see what strikes you.

If you search you will no doubt find a ton of threads about those two fine instruments.
  6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I have a super rare Fernandes that I'll post pictures of. Aparently, it was custom ordered and made in their custom shop in Japan. I've never seen anything like it. It's a one of a kind. I'll get some pics up in the next day or two. You will be blown away ;) !
  7. WackoStu

WackoStu

Looking forward to it. No pic, No bass!
  8. FAB-170

FAB-170

9. Jumbotron

Jumbotron

I'll play.

My Fernandes is the five-string version of the OP's jazz (I believe that model is called the Retrospect), right down to the color. It had the same pickguard on it until I got a custom silver mirror job done (which is sweet, but doesn't photograph great). It's also heavily modded--new bridge (hipshot) and electronics (audere) and a fretless conversion. It was my only bass for 7 years, and I've played hundreds of shows on it. A real workhorse.

[URL="[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. banikek

banikek Supporting Member

Count me in...

[​IMG]

then take away 1/2. 1996 Fernandes Jazz body with an 80's Japan Squier Jazz neck.

[​IMG]

The Squier neck is my favorite and it just felt better than the original. It plays great! Sorry if I offended any Fernandes purists!
  11. WackoStu

WackoStu

Finally the Fernandes players are coming out of the basswoods!

Here are your numbers!

WackoStu #1
    Madbassplaya #2
    FAB-170 #3
    Jumbotron #4
    banikek #5

Welcome all new members. Mods count too, IMHO. Well done.
  12. madbassplaya

indeed. weren't aware there were so many!
  13. butchblack

butchblack Supporting Member

14. WackoStu

WackoStu

That works for me. What a great bass. Butchblack is #6! Welcome Brother!!!!

WackoStu #1
    Madbassplaya #2
    FAB-170 #3
    Jumbotron #4
    banikek #5

Butchblack #6
  15. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

I have an oddball Fernandes...its a Les Paul/Monterey body shape, but its older than the Monterey line, I believe...I will get a pic posted tomorrow.
  16. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I had some people ask me about this bass in another thread. Well here she is. An older Fernades trans-grren acrylic. Has awesome inlays, EMG active pickups. It's not as heavy as most acrylic basses. This one just under 11 lbs.

From what little I can find out about it, this was made in the Fernandes Custom Shop in Japan. It's a one of a kind from what I'm told. Not another one like it out there (please let me know if my sources are incorrect). It was custom ordered from a Fernades dealer in Tokyo.

Craftsmanship is second to none. Neck pocket and all joints are TIGHT. All routes and holes are very precise. 3-piece maple neck, awesome fretwork, rolled edges on board, etc.

It's built like a boutique. Great time and care was taken when creating this baby. The factory case is custom molded to the shape of the body.

Behold!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Jumbotron

Jumbotron

Whoa, that's a Fernandes! And here I just assumed (in that other thread you mentioned) that it's a BC Rich.

Seriously nice bass. How's it sound?
  18. Kink Rimson

Kink Rimson

I'm surprised that most of the basses shown so far are rarer or older models, rather than the 'standard' Tremor or Gravity models!
  19. WackoStu

WackoStu

WackoStu #1
    Madbassplaya #2
    FAB-170 #3
    Jumbotron #4
    banikek #5
    Butchblack #6
    Quadzilla #7

Impressive Bass you have. Like the body shape as well!
  20. madbassplaya

i was out for a bit boys as i sold my red J bass.

i'm about to be back in the game with another MIJ J bass from ferdie!