1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Official Highway One Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NorCal Dog, Jul 27, 2008.

1. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

after doing a search & not finding a club for these killer basses, i thought i'd start one with my P that i got here from GeddyisGod, ( thanks Eric ) :hyper:

please show all of your Highway Ones, old or new, P or Jazz, doesn't matter, tell all the mods to your bass, ( if any )

please feel free to assign yourself a number, as this will be a self-serv club. ( i'm taking #1 as the originator of the thread :) )

my Hwy One P is a '06 & have quite a few mods:
    Schaller Straploks
    Am Dlx Bridge
    Lindy Fralin pickups
    250k pots & .47 orange drop cap
    aged pickguard
    DR Sunbeams ( altho the photo shows TI JF's )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this Highway One is BY FAR the best playing P i've ever played
  2. bassfrenzie

bassfrenzie

I'll post pics as soon as my J arrives - about 2 weeks. :hyper:
  3. Simon Langley

Simon Langley Supporting Member

4. P_Biskitt

P_Biskitt

Me too...

[​IMG]

'06 Highway One
    '62 Tort pg
    thumbrest
    Hipshot X-tender
    Rotosounds
  5. John Deacon

John Deacon

God, I wish I could play these. My hands would eat the finish.
  6. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

I have a Highway One P bass in honey blonde finish with the BA bridge, and a Highway One J bass in sunburst with the same bridge. These are AMAZING basses, I have flats on both and LOVE how they play and sound through my Ampeg B100R amp!!
  7. GeddyisGod

GeddyisGod Four on the floor and nothing more!

Makes me so happy to know she went to a good home. :)
  8. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

great looking basses guys,, thanks for sharing the photos of your Highway Ones.

if you want a number, claim it in your post & it's yours. :)

would love to see one of these that's been used hard onstage for awhile with that relic'd look, ( like ibanezcollector got his hands on one ) :cool:
  9. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

oh ya,, i'm REALLY digging how it plays & the tone is to die for.

never really had a P before, but it just fits in the mix like no other bass i've had, ( should have done this years ago,, but as they say,,, better late than never )

only problem is, now i want a Hwy 1 Jazz.... i'm sure i'll be keeping my eyes open for one here in the classifieds for one :hyper:
  10. zachbass02

zachbass02 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Harkte Amps
    '03 Hwy 1 Jazz...First year they were made. Had it since then...All player wear is natural and done by yours truly. =) Swapped pickups to Seymour Duncan 1/4 lbs. Now has Bartolini Single coils in. Getting ready to swap to dimarzio Js. Switched stock tuners to Grover Titan tuners. Huge upgrade. Significantly better than the stock tuners. Have had all the pots replaced and re-wired due to some careless soldering on my part. Currently wears the '62RI tort guard. Had a badass bridge on for a while, but switched back to the original vintage threaded barrel bridge.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  11. ausf

ausf

I have an '07 P. I'll grab some pics of it soon, it's white w/tort guard, but honestly I could care less what color it was.

I was shopping Fender when I decided to get back into playing. Never liked them back in the day. I called a bunch of area shops before heading out and was looking for an American P or ideally a Highway One. One said they had some Americans, but no Highways.

I sat down for about two hours, thoroughly going over every Fender on the first level, MIMs, MIJs, Aerodynes, Geddys, Vintage, Jazzes, Ps, everything. Each and every one further ingrained in my head why never liked Fender. I kept trying and retrying, but nothing ever felt comfortable. After going through the first level (about 15 basses) I was a bit discouraged. I was eyeing the top level but based on the price tag, I didn't see any Americans short of some of the artist series stuff out of my range.

No one was around to help, I needed to step up on an Hartke to get anything down from the top level (I'm 5'10", those things were high up there) so I grabbed the least expensive to minimize the damage. I pulled down a $700 P which I assumed was a MIJ. I didn't even look at it, just plugged in a started playing. After a minute or two of running up and down the neck with a big ass grin on my face I actually eyeballed the thing and was happy to spot the Badass II, flipped it over to see the serial number and MIA on the back. SO much for 'No Highways here'.

It might be the rosewood as opposed to the glossy maple that felt great or the amazing set up, but I was in love. Played it for another half hour or so, walked out of the booth to make sure the price was accurate (best price online was $850) and never looked back.
  12. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

that's a SWEET jazz, i like,, i like :)
  13. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

thanks for the photos guys,, keep em coming in :hyper:
  14. jaypbass

jaypbass

Ok. Here's my baby....... Reliced 06 Highway 1 w/ Badass, Dimarzio's and and 70's Reissue Jazz neck and tuners.... most of the wear is from hard giging and some i helped :ninja:
    I love this thing..

[​IMG]

Here's a better pic of the wear and before the 70's neck..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. playibanez

playibanez

Heres my Highway one.

I dropped a set of Dimarzio Model J's in there. Its got alot more wear on it then the picture lets on.

Love this bass!
  16. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

getting some serious gas looking at those jazzes, great looking basses
  17. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Alright time for another P-Bass to be put into this thread..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. Fetzu

Fetzu

'06 Highway One strung with chromes.
    [​IMG]
  19. playibanez

playibanez

Thats funny im getting(actually ive had for a while) some serious gas for a P

O_O
  20. Widdershins

Widdershins

Crappy picture quality, but here's my '07 with BadAss removed & other mods visible in pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A new ding I just noticed! The finish is very fragile.
    [​IMG]

...and just for fun, fully dressed. Cover sports foam, so it IS actually useful albeit infrequently used.
    [​IMG]

#69 :D