1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Official "Love my pedalboard" thread

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by scubaduba, Nov 10, 2012.

1. scubaduba

scubaduba Supporting Member

Do you love you pedalboard configuration? Love it so much you don't GAS for more or different pedals? Post your config. I'll start. I'm super happy with my setup. I think I'm GAS free... Is that even possible???

Pedaltrain Junior
    T-Rex Fuel Tank Junior
    Korg Pitchblack
    Zeibek Submarine Designer preamp
    FEA Growler
    Lizard Legs Blue Tail clean boost

[​IMG]

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I have a custom board coming so sir I will be back I'm meeting the builder on Tuesday and I'm bringing my pedals to get everything worked out it's like moving into a new house I like your board very nice and neat and I see you have one of my former favorite pedals the growler.

3. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

I think I have reached the end of GAS, for now anyway. What I have now will take me a long time to totally explore.

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Take that back sir you will never reach the end and how dare you tease us to the fact that there is an end :)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

for now. You are correct, there is no "end" and I'm ok with that. I enjoy working on the rig. That said, I may have all the pedals I need for now, but I will shuffle the order and re-route wires at a drop-of-a-hat. It's my passion.

7. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

Here's wot I got at this time. Chain sig'ed. GAS is pretty much over in the tuner, comp, octave, phaser, chorus and preamp/DI departments. Disclaimer: I use effects as seasonning more than anything else, except for the occassional cover requiring dirty bass (Song 2 being one of them). LMB-3 and SansAmp are the only always-on pedals.

There's nothing exotic about Boss's TU-2 and LMB-3, but they get it done without bitching, and the tuner also provides a mute switch, which is not only useful for tuning.

The BSW.... what have I not said about it yet. It's a great octave pedal and can be used as a filter if needed. Heck, there's even some synthy fuzz in that thing !

I absolutely love the phaser and chorus pedals. They are as warm as I ever had and they sound fabulous, separately or together. They make for a great combination, particularly for slapping. The chorus is even better with some light-to-med OD.

As for the PBDDI, having 3 presets is a precious asset, I don't ever see myself playing without this pedal. I think it is my first real effect pedal I purchased as a bass player. First love...

As for the iffies...

I like the Q-Tron, but the best sound I found is in bandpass and lacks too much low-end to be used in band context. I'm still tweaking it (internal pot included) and hopefully will find something to settle on. But I have been fantasizing about other filters (EHX Enigma, 3Leaf Audio Proton, Ibanez AW-7...), so I can't say I'm settled.

Dirt: The Digitech is a recent arrival and so far, I like what I hear, but the real test will be with my 215 cab next week-end. I bought it 'cause I like the idea of getting more than one tone out of a pedal I will occasionnally use (same as with the BSW). Other dirt pedal have been disappointing for me.

I love my board and am getting to the point I want to be, but a bit of work remains to be done.

8. mattplaysdabass

mattplaysdabass

This is my chain at the moment.

image-874934819.jpg

PBass -> Boss Chromatic Tuner, Aguilar Filter Twin, Aguilar TLC Compressor, EHX Bass Big Muff, EHX Octave Multiplexer -> GenzBenz Shuttlemax 12.0 -> Barefaced Bass Super12 and Compact

9. DethByDoom

DethByDoom

korg pitch black- original bass balls- aphex punch factory-bass big muff-fulltone bass driver-ehx small clone-ehx stereo pulsar- MXR carbon copy- sans amp b.d.d.i. Cables on pedal board are George L's and use two This1isMyne buffers.

Attached Files:

10. SirMjac28

I agree Gadget I'm so proud of myself I turned down getting three pedals I really have everything I need I just sold my Nimbus a pedal I love but didn't need and I sold my Empress Para Eq a pedal that I really loved but it's overkill

11. caeman

caeman The Root Master

If your board goes unchanged for 12 months, then you say you are GAS-free.

12. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

12 months, I was proud of my 6 month stretch, haha. Of course I've started over, have a few more wirings and dual locks to finish before restarting the clock.

13. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

oops, look at my signature. That would be GAS, but there aren't any to be found ANYWHERE!! It's crazy.

14. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

Nearly there! I just need to ditch the expression pedal and get a VT bass or another bass driver DI. And then I'll be good. Seriously. For reals.

[​IMG]

15. bubbastain

bubbastain

Just put this together. Gonna build some new patch cables soon. The Delaylab rocks bigtime for bass and guitar. VT stays on. Green Screamer is cool but will likely give up it's place when funds permit a Verellen Big Spider fuzz. Locking Neutrik jacks on back connect the Delaylab to effects loop on amp. Currently powered by OneSpot and daisy chain. Voodoo lab pedal power ISO-5 coming soon also.

[​IMG]

16. scubaduba

scubaduba Supporting Member

Maybe I really am GAS free... My first post in this thread was from November, 2012. And as of November, 2014 my pedalboard remains unchanged. Two years...

17. Thunderscreech

Thunderscreech

My board consists of a custom fuzz pedal (fuzzrocious grey stache, 2 circuits in one box) a phaser and a holy grail reverb. I have other pedals but that's all I use on bass. Sometimes I add a DD-3 when I need echo. It does everything I ask of it, which isn't much. But I am GASing for new stuff, just not having money is the crux.
    Plus my Amp is terrible.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014 at 4:35 PM
  18. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

Look how much mine has changed since I posted above. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1417129249.325437.jpg

19. NoxNoctus

NoxNoctus The Crushinator Supporting Member

I'm set. I've been scouring the boards for a while now looking for one more "man I really want that" and, there's a few that have my interest piqued, but my board is for the first time in a while completely locked. Nothing coming*, nothing going. Only eventual add-on will be the SA Delay coming next year, and possibly the Solemate MIDI Switcher.

[​IMG]

*Ultimate Drive MIGHT get swapped for a IdiotBox fuzz. Not sure. I'm not "in need" of anything though for the first time in a while!

nshuman likes this.
  20. Proton Lenny

Proton Lenny Supporting Member

Was gas free for a long time, then I had a few ideas. Let to this iteration. I'm really enjoying it. Still crave a few things for fun every now and then, but not enough to buy/try or move stuff off of this setup yet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nshuman likes this.
  21. dreads311

dreads311

I'm pretty much GAS-free with my setup. This is the only pic of my board on my phone:). Under my bass tech, you'll see a Zoom B9, Bass Big Muff, OC-2 octave, and just out of view is a TU-3 tuner. It's all powered by an ISO-5 (under aforementioned bass tech). Edit: the board itself is custom NYC board. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1417139453.955769.jpg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014 at 7:57 PM
  22. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Easy to say when you have THAT board. :)

23. BazzTard

BazzTard

I bought a Boss ME50B when I got into bass again.

it's got everything I need right?

Then recently I bought ONE Mooer mini pedal,and another,then a pedalboard case, then 3 more Mooers.

So,......WHY did I just buy an MXR M87 Compressor?

I know what's next, a Chorus, then a PedalTrain.......and a power supply......

dang those Source Audio pedals look nice......

24. dreads311

dreads311

You suffering from amnesia?